Scumbags Apprehended for Catalytic Converter Theft Ring

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm working with an insurance company at work right now for a Truck that was likely one of these guys victims... $3k + in repairs using OEM parts.
    That's all?

My Tundra has been at Toyota for a full month waiting on parts. $5,700 so far for the replacement and repair, and $40 a day for rental.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who is buying all of these things? Someone has to be a driving force behind all of these thefts. There wouldn't be any thefts if there wasn't a ready market.
    Hopefully, the federal weapons charges (which have mandatory minimums), will persuade these scum to turn in every body involved for lesser charges with lesser time. The feds ought to use RICO on the rest of these vermin!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Who is buying all of these things? Someone has to be a driving force behind all of these thefts. There wouldn't be any thefts if there wasn't a ready market.
    They broke a ring in MS last year that involved thieves selling them to a junk yard owner who was then selling them to a recycler I think.

Our area was getting hit pretty regular last year, and they have a bus company locally that got hit multiple times, no secure fencing, no cameras on the property, and those started at $4k/ea. without labor.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    There’s only two criminals worse than a thief...child molester and a rapist. Chop their hands off and set them free. The Toyota dealership is charging $800 for the anti theft plate. Desert Eagle Off Road has them much cheaper for the Tundra owners out there. I guess it’s the truck owners fault for leaving them parked in public. Just like guns being stolen...it’s the gun owners fault not the criminals.

Top Bottom