Second suppressor recommendations…..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Now that I have finally received my first suppressor, now I have the itch for a second and possibly third…. I absolutely love it and want something a little more caliber specific…. I currently own the SilencerCo Hybrid 46M. I originally wanted this one because I wanted to shoot 9mm, 5.56, 300 Blackout, 308, and 45 ACP….. I really love the 300 Blackout Subs. I’m even impressed with 5.56 even though they are supersonic. I really wasn’t completely impressed with the short configuration with 9mm hush ammo… So I still haven’t got a threaded 45 barrel so I don’t know what that sounds like… With all that factored in, any suggestions? Reasons and explanations please….

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    .45acp is super quiet, and fun you should try that with your hybrid

But I would get either a .22 or a dedicated suppressor… 5.56 or .300aac… I have an omega30 which is a super nice 556/308 can, light, short, and quiet… I keep that on my hd 556 SBr 99% of the time… keep any eye on the construction, weight, db raiting and go from there…

I got a buddy who shot my omega 30 on my sbr in 556/.300aac and fell in love with it… went to buy one and they talked him into a sandman k… it’s a nice suppressor but he is very disappointed with it because it’s very loud… we have shot them side by side and it’s way louder than mine with 556 and 300aac subs and supers… i somtimes wear ear plugs with my omega but they are deff needed with his sandman k… it’s crazy louder, but you have to look at the specs and see what you want… again the sandman k is super nice, but it’s designed to be shorter, lighter and compact, you have to give up some db raiting to gain in other dept… it’s a give and take, just figure out what you wanna give to take

There’s is only 10db rating diff between the 2 but, 10db is a loud diff…and like 3” diff in OAL.::: again they are 2 diff purposes driven cans… so you gotta know what your primary purpose will be so you will be happy with how it performs..

You just gotta look in the future and see what you would get the most use out of, lol

Not my video but you can tell the diff in them

if you wanting a full time heavy duty short full auto sbr can the sandman k would fit the bill good….

If you want a good shooter, 10 db quieter, longer full auto rated, then the omega…

But that’s only 2 diff cans to decide between they got 1000’s out there that might do it all better… or worse lol

Then there’s the new “high flow” cans… I’m not a big fan of them as of now lol

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    agreed... the first suppressed gun i shot was a ruger mrk2 22/45 with a silencerco warlok..... needless to say within a week i had a silencerco hybrid, omega30 and sparrow on order....

the .22 suppressed is the true Hollywood quiet... only thing that has came close to that for me in sound is the .45acp

just make sure you get a 22 can you can break down and clean, as they lead up and get dirty easy...

and i found all i shoot is cci standard velocity, they are cheap 3.99 per50 and stay subsonic in my 10/22 ruger american and my ruger 22/45

with my ruger 10-22, cci standard velocity i can kill 2-3 squirrels under my feeder 75 yards away from my box stand before they even think something's going on... then give them 5 mins and they all come back lol... I have killed 4 under my feeder before and before i even put the .22 down a doe walk out, simple gun swap to the encore 45/70 suppressed with hybrid shooting 350gr expandable subsoincs and got enough to pack up and go home lol

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Sparrow 22 is the can I have
    Dead air mask is also great along with the oculus. I’ve shot all of them.

I can’t speak to many of the .30 cal cans. I love my Surefires but I am waiting on a sandman-s right now.

I have a griffin m4sdii for 5.56 and I love it. Fits A2 style flash hiders. Some AR’s work with it right out the box and some don’t. Depends if the A2 is in spec. I have not found a YHM phantom that doesn’t work with it yet and of course all of griffin’s mounts for it. The Yhm saves a lot of cash though if you have multiple. I only use this on SBR style rifles though. It’s a full size 5.56 can so it’s longer and heavier. Works well

I use a 5.56 rc2 mini for my 14.5 and my 16.

For a small light weight .300 blk can I use my octane 9hd. It’s sub only rated and performs well.

As you can see they all have a purpose and I don’t even have all that I want. I really want the new huxwrx HF can. So you have to choose what you want from it and that helps a ton with deciding.

Last edited:

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Another vote for the Mask. It's barely over 5", and honestly, are you ever going to break down one of the modular 22 units to the 3.5" configuration and use it that way? That was my reason for going with the Mask. It really is stupid quiet. Not that the Oculus isn't, but I went with the KISS principle.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Another vote for the Mask. It's barely over 5", and honestly, are you ever going to break down one of the modular 22 units to the 3.5" configuration and use it that way? That was my reason for going with the Mask. It really is stupid quiet. Not that the Oculus isn't, but I went with the KISS principle.
    Exactly
    I have other .22 cans including the sparrow and thunderbeast .22 takedown.
    Sparrow has a noticeable first round pop then quiets down to the same sound as the mask.
    Thunderbeast is a little louder than both.

But man, thunderbeast shines on the .30 magnum rated cans. And their customer service is second to none.

Top Bottom