Seized by Customs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

i ordered (from Russia) and paid for a Delta-tek flash hider and was informed by letter that it has been seized by Customs because they say it is a suppressor . The letter states i have 5 options none of which looks like i will get it or my money back. Anyone else have this issue or suggestions ?

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

i ordered (from Russia) and paid for a Delta-tea flash hider and was informed by letter that it has been seized by Customs because they say it is a suppressor . The letter states i have 5 options none of which looks like i will get it or my money back. Anyone else have this issue or suggestions ?
    Do you not have an option to claim it?

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    All the flash suppression/solvent traps are sold in attempts to circumvent the legal process of obtaining a legal suppressor. Just be glad you weren't arrested/imprisoned.
    I call it cheap tuition on obtaining the knowledge on what not to buy off the internet that could result in your incarceration.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    All the flash suppression/solvent traps are sold in attempts to circumvent the legal process of obtaining a legal suppressor. Just be glad you weren't arrested/imprisoned.
    I call it cheap tuition on obtaining the knowledge on what not to buy off the internet that could result in your incarceration.
    i already have several legally obtained suppressors . i can buy all the suppressors i want . i bought this item from Russia to go on a KP 9 Russian Vityaz made in the USA and thought the original muzzle break would go well with it . This item is not meant to be used as a suppressor or converted to one that i am aware of . It is sold as a flash hider and there are videos of people using them on youtube and they do not suppress sound at all.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Remember the Colt XM-177 Moderator that was classified as a suppressor by the ATF in the 1960's. It was totally designed by Colt as just a flash hider, but ATF testing revealed it dropped the sound (if I recall it was like 3dB or something minuscule) and they reclassifed it. Might have the same issue with yours.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Remember the Colt XM-177 Moderator that was classified as a suppressor by the ATF in the 1960's. It was totally designed by Colt as just a flash hider, but ATF testing revealed it dropped the sound (if I recall it was like 3dB or something minuscule) and they reclassifed it. Might have the same issue with yours.
    Interesting , thanks for the feedback.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    Americans shouldn't need permission to purchase a suppressor or any other type of arms, armor or accessories. The 2nd amendment strictly prohibits the federal government from doing so. Over the years corrupt and power hungry politicians and judges have bastardized the spirit of the 2nd amendment through re-interpretation, mis-interpretation and mis-representation.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It is kind of crazy to think that suppressors are still NFA items. I doubt it will ever change though since big brother makes money on every one purchased.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Get with an attorney and file your appeal and demand your property back. check on the AK boards, there are others with the same experience with trying to order items from Russia, esp if the point of entry is New York

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Americans shouldn't need permission to purchase a suppressor or any other type of arms, armor or accessories. The 2nd amendment strictly prohibits the federal government from doing so. Over the years corrupt and power hungry politicians and judges have bastardized the spirit of the 2nd amendment through re-interpretation, mis-interpretation and mis-representation.
    Be careful. You're riding the fine line of feds coming for you, talking like that. Trust me. I know it well.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    Be careful. You're riding the fine line of feds coming for you, talking like that. Trust me. I know it well.
    Let them come, I follow all of the laws of my state and federal government. I just don't believe that they should exist, the Constitution prohibits them from existing!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom