Sen. Bill Cassidy Aids In Creating Gun Control Package Framework

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

Sorry if this is a redundant, but I couldn't find it posted here. La. US Senator Bill Cassidy is helping to lead the charge in the latest attack on the 2nd Amendment.

Here is his contact info if you would like to let him know how you feel about his heroic or traitorous involvement in creating the "gun control frame work".

Keepurpowderdry

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    N.O.23

Sorry if this is a redundant, but I couldn't find it posted here. La. US Senator Bill Cassidy is helping to lead the charge in the latest attack on the 2nd Amendment.

Here is his contact info if you would like to let him know how you feel about his heroic or traitorous involvement in creating the "gun control frame work".

The Republicans are now Democrats.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I just called him to get an update on his "Framework". His aid said Sen Cassidy supports the 2nd Amendment, but he needs to do something. The something he is going to do is move forward with Universal Background checks, and red flag laws...per his aid.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I just called him to get an update on his "Framework". His aid said Sen Cassidy supports the 2nd Amendment, but he needs to do something. The something he is going to do is move forward with Universal Background checks, and red flag laws...per his aid.
    What the heck is a Univeral BackGround Check? Also who determines what is a red Flag?

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    In Hitler's Germany, did they not have what amounted to the Modern day Red Flag law? Did they not encourage all youth to turn in their parents/relatives for not adhearing to the State?

Any Red Flag law enacted today need to have Dire Consequences for the flagger if it is found to be false. This is what needs to be drummed into Sen. Cassidy and all other elected.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    What the heck is a Univeral BackGround Check? Also who determines what is a red Flag?
    “Universal Background Checks” basically eliminate the private transfer. Would need to go to an FFL to transfer ownership of a firearm and buyer would need to undergo a background check.

Red flag laws are a way to take away your guns without due process.

At least a few states already have these laws in place and, as one might imagine, they are abused by the state.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Emailed and called Cassidy’s office about this BS

None of the new laws that they are proposing will prevent what happened in TX. And while on the topic, if the existing laws in place (25,000 pages of gun laws) didn’t work, why do we have them to begin with? And shouldn’t they all be repealed?

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    According to the News Background checks are off the table. They are likely going to pass red flag laws. So a stupid liberal Neighbor can say you are crazy and have your guns taken away.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I couldn't tell you exactly on this one. They are still working on the "framework". If I hear the details Ill keep you in mind. I just so happened to see that Cassidy was involved while I was watching a Guns and Gadgets update yesterday.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Response I received from Senator Cassidy’s office:

Thank for you contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun regulations. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

When considering legislation on this issue, I look for measures that respect the rights of law-abiding Americans, effectively deter crime, and prevent irresponsible acquisition of firearms. I have always supported an American’s constitutional right to own a firearm, so long as it is legally acquired and used appropriately. In light of recent tragedies, we must keep those who have lost their lives to mass shootings in mind when considering related legislation. We need to do a better job of enforcing current laws to keep those suffering from mental illness from owning weapons. I am open to conversations about solutions that will actually work to prevent these kinds of mass shootings. Unfortunately, expanded background checks or red flag laws would not have prevented the recent tragedy in Texas.

I appreciate your perspective on this issue, and will certainly keep it in mind as Congress considers firearms legislation in the future. Your comments are helpful as I continue to seek a balance between protecting American citizens’ Second Amendment rights and promoting the best interests for the people of Louisiana.

I will continue to represent the views of my state and do so through hearing from constituents like you. Please continue to reach out, either by phone or by email, when you have another question or concern. You can reach my office in Washington DC at 202-224-5824 or submit an email at https://www.cassidy.senate.gov/contact.

Sincerely,
    BC%20Signature.png

Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D.

Niwsbuc

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge

Unfortunately. I voted for him in the last election. If he ever runs for political office, I will remember this and when he abandoned President Trump. I emailed him a few minutes ago to express my opinion regarding any gun control measures. Sadly, he doesn’t care what any of his constituents think. He feels assured that he is smarter than everyone else. He is a disgusting individual.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    My question is how do you enforce the Universal Background Check with out a gun registration (which we all know is the ultimate goal before confiscation). It is impossible to prove that any of the guns I have purchased, traded or sold; I did so before they change the law. Yes I have paperwork for all of them but how many people are going to screwed because they lost or didnt keep a record of their transactions.

Top Bottom