Sen. Bill Cassidy Aids In Creating Gun Control Package Framework

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Called Scalise’s office today. They have been getting a lot of angry calls from the other side on gun control. Big votes in the house coming up.

I encourage you all to call your Congressman and express your opinion on these proposed laws that would not have stopped the Buffalo or Uvalde and will not do anything to stop the next tragedy. The other side is surely lighting up the phone lines, we need to make sure that our Congressmen stand tall on this issue

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I got this yesterday from Sen. Kennedy.

Thank you for contacting me about gun control measures in the wake of recent tragedies. I appreciate hearing from you at this troubling time.

As your Senator, I want nothing more than for our communities to be safe for our families and children. I also must respect and protect the rights of law-abiding American citizens. I do not believe these goals are at odds. There are practical steps available to address these attacks, including better enforcement of laws already on the books. In many cases, these attackers exhibit common patterns of behavior, post online threats, and come into contact with local authorities. We must give our law enforcement officers and our justice system the tools they need to respond to such threats before they turn to tragedy.

In the aftermath of these events, gun control advocates continue to demand symbolic and ultimately ineffective measures that demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of firearms and crime. The goal of any action going forward should be to stop these attacks. Yet, gun control advocates refuse to even consider any solution that does not restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Please know that while others may choose to play politics with public safety, I will continue to pursue practical and effective solutions that still respect our constitutional rights.

Thank you again for reaching out. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about any other matters that concern you and your family.

Sincerely,
    Kennedy_sig.png

John Kennedy
    United States Senator

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Meanwhile in the house…

In a measure of the political peril that efforts to curb guns pose for Republicans, five of the six lead Senate GOP negotiators do not face reelection until 2026. They are Sens. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, John Cornyn of Texas, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Thom Tillis of North Carolina. The sixth, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, is retiring in January. It’s also notable that none of the six is seeking the Republican presidential nomination.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I agree with raising the age but the age to vote and join the military needs to be raised as well. It has been noted that a 24 year old today is less mature than a 18 year old in the 1960s and I believe it. I know grown ass men in their 30s that act like teenagers. The dumb, stupid, and ignorant will always get responsible people's freedoms taken away.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I agree with raising the age but the age to vote and join the military needs to be raised as well. It has been noted that a 24 year old today is less mature than a 18 year old in the 1960s and I believe it. I know grown ass men in their 30s that act like teenagers. The dumb, stupid, and ignorant will always get responsible people's freedoms taken away.
    Because we keep doing everything for them and lowering expectations for young adults.

I love the hypocrisy here though. The left keeps fighting to get 16-year olds to vote while raising the age to exercise 2A rights. They should make it a package deal. One can argue that voting can do wayyy more damage than one person with a gun. Joe Biden’s fake Presidency is living proof of this

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I sent him a email a few days ago asking him in a very nice way to quit working with people who are not sincere about solving any problems. He is smart enough to know that what is being proposed will not do anything to stop these mentally ill people from coming crimes. Don’t have any faith in the legislative process going on in DC.

Philt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lafayette La.
    F...... RINO GREASY RAT I voted for that POS , He's a DemoRAT plant , can't stand that MF I wrote him to stand up for us and never received anything back , Higgins and Kennedy responded very quickly , Much respect for those 2 guys .

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    This bastard has always been a mistake. He should have served one term after miss piggy was voted out then sent off to never be heard from again. This is our fault this idiot is still there now causing harm.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The sad thing is that he never see's any of these letters or emails . His staff reads them and gives him a tally of FOR or AGAINST . Then he does whatever is politically expedient .

2A_Supporter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2016
    BR, LA

Sorry if this is a redundant, but I couldn't find it posted here. La. US Senator Bill Cassidy is helping to lead the charge in the latest attack on the 2nd Amendment.

Here is his contact info if you would like to let him know how you feel about his heroic or traitorous involvement in creating the "gun control frame work".

Presser on the Senator's website:
    The proposal includes:

Support for State Crisis Intervention Orders

• Provides resources to states and tribes to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of individuals whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others, consistent with state and federal due process and constitutional protections.
    Investment in Children and Family Mental Health Services

• National expansion of community behavioral health center model; major investments to increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs; and other support services available in the community, including crisis and trauma intervention and recovery.
    Protections for Victims of Domestic Violence

• Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders are included in NICS, including those who have or have had a continuing relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
    Funding for School-Based Mental Health and Supportive Services

• Invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including: early identification and intervention programs and school based mental health and wrap-around services.
    Funding for School Safety Resources

• Invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.
    Clarification of Definition of Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer

• Cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.
    Telehealth Investments

• Invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.
    Under 21 Enhanced Review Process

• For buyers under 21 years of age, requires an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement.
    Penalties for Straw Purchasing

• Cracks down on criminals who illegally straw purchase and traffic guns.

I don't see any infringements, do you?

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I heard somewhere that his eye is on being Louisiana's next Governor so he is softening up to get the Dem's vote.
    He is going to have a hard time getting the GOP nomination. I will never vote for him again. If he runs as a independent he is all but ensuring that Shreveport, Baton Rouge and NOLA get to elect another liberal for Gov.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    just an FYI - juvenile delinquency and mental health records are sealed. state law would need to be changed. Also DOJ is pushing the agenda not to file adult charges against juveniles 14 => & <=18.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom