Sheath needed (scabbard)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I need a sheath (I guess that' what you call it) for my knife. It is a doozie of a knife with a deer horn handle, carbon steel blade razor sharp. Blade is 10 1/2 long, 1 1/2 wide, not quite 1/4 thick, overall length with handle is 16 inches.

Appreciate any info on where I can get one. Needs to be heavy duty as the blade tapers towards the tip and is very sharp. Thanks

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The LA Ren Fest is coming up. There's a few sword makers there that make leather sheaths. If you bring the knife they will make one to fit it. Its more expensive than kydex but will come out great.

Wilson54

MS-Deltan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Louisiana
    If you are gonna get a "real one" with nice leather and a first class job, it will NOT be cheap. See if you can find a cobbler in your area to make you one. "Back home" I got some holsterwork done by a cobbler. They will usually dabble with small items (and something that can be quickly formed), but if you want a leather craftsman to fabricate something to specs that requires intricate skill and design, you are gonna pay out the wazoo. You will be stunned.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I use a Spec-Ops brand Combat Master sheath for my Steve Woods Hide Fighter.
    IMG_4593.jpg

Your blade is longer than mine but the rest of the dimensions are about the same. They have the Basic Modular Knife sheath which holds up to an 8" blade and perhaps you could fit something to cover the exposed 2" of blade that's left.

Top Bottom