Sherburne Pistol and Rifle range temporarily closed.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwk1975

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Jackson, La
    Went to Sherburne with the family today to do a little plinking. Much to our disappointment the rifle and pistol ranges are closed. Began July 5 set to run for approximately the rest of the month of July. Looks like the berms are getting a facelift. As great as that is, was a a major let down considering we had driven 50 miles to get there.....

Thought I would save anyone else thinking about using the range.

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    I hope you at least picked up some Billy's boudin when you were in the area?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I hope they don't screw up the pistol range with their " improvements " .

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Anybody have any ideas on what they are doing?

I only know what they are scheduled to do at Honey Island, which is improvements to the berms, and parking areas.

They should be wrapping up there, as they are scheduled to return to H.I. next week.

I say return, because they were scheduled to do the work at H.I. a couple months ago, but couldn't access the range due to high water.

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    I only know what they are scheduled to do at Honey Island, which is improvements to the berms, and parking areas.

They should be wrapping up there, as they are scheduled to return to H.I. next week.

I say return, because they were scheduled to do the work at H.I. a couple months ago, but couldn't access the range due to high water.

As the poster above said, a series of improvements are being done to all public ranges in Louisiana. What's being done at each range is different. At Honey Island, the State elected to make berm improvements which include side berms being added to each shooting line (rifle, pistol, etc...) and also make improvements to our parking area.

I've seen questions asked about the "No Blue Sky" initiative which is going on across the country. The state elected not to perform that enhancement at Honey Island at this time.

If you're wondering what No Blue Sky is, see these example pictures I've posted below.

overhead_view_baffled_range.jpg

NO-BLUE-SKY.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom