Sheriff begins taking away concealed weapons permits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I know, the title is misleading. This may be commiefornia, but could become a disturbing trend, given todays circumstances and or under the wrong administration.:squint:

COMMENT: It is clear that the intention is to demonize gun ownership while making the ‘permit’ aspect convey a privilege rather than a right, as guarded by the 2nd amendment of the Constitution. Further, the claim that the former sheriff was ‘corrupt’ is meant to justify the revoking of permits, which are also associated emotionally as being wrong to hold. Instead, government should control who’s allowed to carry self-defense.​
    10gun.jpg

Sheriff Sandra Hutchens, whose new policy amounts to gun-grabbing and the violation of the 2nd amendment.
    The Sheriff’s Department has begun the process of revoking hundreds of concealed weapon permits across Orange County.​
    This week, department officials confirmed that 146 letters have been sent out advising current license holders that their permits to carry firearms in public – called CCWs – are being revoked. There are currently 1,024 permit holders.​
    "The Department has determined that your identified risk does not meet the good cause threshold as required under the new CCW policy based upon the information you provided. As a result of this determination, the Department’s present intention is to revoke your CCW license," reads the form letter sent out this month.​

• A d v e r t i s e m e n t
    The letter, sent out under the signature of Captain Dave Nighswonger, advises current holders that if they feel that additional information should be considered they have roughly one month to provide additional good cause information for the department to consider before the revocation becomes final.​
    This week, county supervisors grilled Sheriff Sandra Hutchens during her 120-day update on the reorganization of the agency about the status of the concealed weapons review.​
    10quote.png
    Hutchens acknowledged to supervisors that she had indeed tightened requirements for the permits but highlighted the fact that no current license had yet been revoked.​
    But it seems unlikely that those who are getting the letters won’t be revoked.​
    "Most of them are not coming back with the information we need," said Nighswonger. "A lot of them are arguing the second amendment (to the U.S. Constitution)," he said.​
    Nighswonger said many of the current revocations listed their reason for having a concealed gun as "avid shooter."​
    That no longer qualifies under Hutchen’s new standards.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=5225

171 Responses to “Sheriff begins taking away concealed weapons permits”

Pages: [18] 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 81 » Show All

894b26d043e1c18359ba7e4cf3146530
      meredist Says:
      October 12th, 2008 at 12:14 am The “Supreme Law” of the land does not say I even need a permit–It does however say I have the “right”. To me, this encompasses the responsibility and obligation to do so for its intended purpose. I make no excuses nor offer any rationalizations for maintaining this position, and I believe everyone knows, or ought to, just really what this is all about. That being said, it now becomes imperative for me to say it’s sad it has come to this point. We may all be faced with the decision how we will respond, because there will be no turning back. Maybe even now, we have passed the point of no return. So it’s not so much whether I take up arms as it is if I am willing to give my life for what I believe.

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I've heard that, with respect to the rest of California, Orange County has been historically very liberal with the issuance of CCW permits. They are about as close as you can get to a shall-issue county. Considering what state this is, it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Are they county issued CCWs ?? I know a few guys with JP issued CCW's (never understood why??)

Does Cali. not offer state issued CCW? If they do, Why would you want to get a county issued one anyway??

I am just guessing but if you had a state issued one .. This douchebag Sheriff wouldnt be able to take it away...

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Have your lawyer draft a letter to the Sheriff explaining should any harm come to you or your family as a result of loss of said permit she will be held personally responsible. And you will sue the hell out of her the dept. and any one else responsible for the loss.

Stonewall

Kindergartener
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Shes obviously has not thinking it through.

She a police woman. OK.
    She retires some time in the future. OK
    She can't have a gun when she retires. ...? :doh:

Aw. all of those felons she put away have long memeories....

I think she should re evaluate her thoughts on CCW. She might want to carry one day when shes and old 'civilian' again.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom