Shipping guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    A friend of mine in Houma wants to ship 5 or 6 modern long guns to his son in Washington state. I told him I thought he would have to go through and FFL, maybe on both ends. Don't think you can just box them up and send across state lines. Anyone know how to do this?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    A non FFL holder can legally ship long guns to an ffl holder via US Postal service. It would be wise to check with your local post master before you walk into the post office with an arm full.

It would also be wise to contact the receiving FFL before you ship to ensure he is willing to receive them from an individual and what his requirements will be. Keep in mind, the receiving FFL is under no obligation to receive them.

The receiving FFL in Washington State should also be asked WHAT long guns he can accept, as a 'legal' gun in La. may not be 'legal' in Washington. Also be sure the intended recipient (the son) understands he will have to undergo background checks and will likely incur fees due the receiving FFL .

Top Bottom