Shockwave question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    With federal law prohibiting more than 3 rounds in 12 ga shotguns, how does this not apply to the Mossberg Shockwave? Or does it? I believe it holds either 5 or 6 rounds? Or does this Federal law apply only while hunting with standard 12 gauge? Thanks.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    With federal law prohibiting more than 3 rounds in 12 ga shotguns, how does this not apply to the Mossberg Shockwave? Or does it? I believe it holds either 5 or 6 rounds? Or does this Federal law apply only while hunting with standard 12 gauge? Thanks.
    The shockwave is not considered a shotgun. They have regulations with hunting but as far as your home defense shotgun or any old shotgun your not actively hunting with you can load as many rounds into it that gun as it will hold.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don’t know anyone who would duck hunt with a shockwave.
    I really thought this misconception had died out long ago.
    The 3 round rule only applies in hunting situations. There are a very large number of 12 gauge shotguns that legally hold more than 3 rounds. Even hunting type shotguns may legally have the plug removed to hold more rounds for any other shooting activity.

Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    OK thanks guys. So anything other than a hunting situation, I could remove the plug in my 1100 and be legal. Good to know. FYI this topic really pertains to home defense. Should have made that clear.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    OK thanks guys. So anything other than a hunting situation, I could remove the plug in my 1100 and be legal. Good to know. FYI this topic really pertains to home defense. Should have made that clear.

yes absolutely remove the plug for home defense and while your at it maybe look into a tube extension if you want even more capacity.

Bemms79

Get some
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Mandaville
    Shockwave

Mine came with the mini shell adapter

Attachments

• 56D44CA5-B697-40FE-A568-A6F6EF2DC074.jpg
      56D44CA5-B697-40FE-A568-A6F6EF2DC074.jpg
      255.7 KB · Views: 127

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Mini shells are a rare commodity these days.
    Wish I knew that. I shot about 100 of them a few weeks ago just to get rid of them. I was going to post them for sale but figured no one has any real interest in them other than fooling around at the range

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Mini shells are a rare commodity these days.

Wish I knew that. I shot about 100 of them a few weeks ago just to get rid of them. I was going to post them for sale but figured no one has any real interest in them other than fooling around at the range
    I have a few .50 cans full of buck and slugs so they can’t be that rare…
    My opinion, they’re only really good for practice. I wouldn’t want to depend on them for self defense (if I’m shooting a shotgun I’d just as soon be shooting full power loads). They are a novelty and it’s cool to be able to increase a pump gun’s capacity but you’re actually giving up firepower. The buckshot are slow and light compared to standard loads and the slugs don’t even come close to a standard load. Not saying absolutely no place in self defense role, as a stowaway shockwave will hold 9 or 10 of them so you’d potentially stay in the fight longer, but a single blast of standard 00 is usually real good insurance for ending a threat. After shooting many short rounds I don’t have very much faith in that one-shot-stop potential.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I have a few .50 cans full of buck and slugs so they can’t be that rare…
    My opinion, they’re only really good for practice. I wouldn’t want to depend on them for self defense (if I’m shooting a shotgun I’d just as soon be shooting full power loads). They are a novelty and it’s cool to be able to increase a pump gun’s capacity but you’re actually giving up firepower. The buckshot are slow and light compared to standard loads and the slugs don’t even come close to a standard load. Not saying absolutely no place in self defense role, as a stowaway shockwave will hold 9 or 10 of them so you’d potentially stay in the fight longer, but a single blast of standard 00 is usually real good insurance for ending a threat. After shooting many short rounds I don’t have very much faith in that one-shot-stop potential.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Fun for the range or to fool around and stuff a shotgun full of ammo but nothing for real world self defense. They don’t preform bad in ballistic gel but certainly nothing like the full power loads. Just seems like it increases the odds for something not to go the way you’d like.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom