Shot the new bow today :D

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Me and my cousin brought our bows to work today cuz business has been slow. Got to shoot my bow a good bit and I love it :D I got 1 pin kinda sighted in but i'm def gunna be buying a new rest with my cabelas gift card.I'm also getting used to pulling it back.I got brave and went ahead and cranked it up alittle.I think i found my new addiction :eek3:

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    .I got brave and went ahead and cranked it up alittle.I think i found my new addiction :eek3:

be careful doing that, each limb needs to be set to the same weight. if not it can cause problems. the last thing you want is an issue with an arrow going 200fps less than an inch from your hand.

adding more draw weight can effect your arrows as well, they are only rated for a specific weight. obviously heavier arrows can take more punishment than the lighter faster arrows.

tune your draw weight to your arrow and which broad head you will be using, you may find out you are fighting an extra few lbs all for nothing.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    be careful doing that, each limb needs to be set to the same weight. if not it can cause problems. the last thing you want is an issue with an arrow going 200fps less than an inch from your hand.

adding more draw weight can effect your arrows as well, they are only rated for a specific weight. obviously heavier arrows can take more punishment than the lighter faster arrows.

tune your draw weight to your arrow and which broad head you will be using, you may find out you are fighting an extra few lbs all for nothing.

I use this

http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/selection

and it adds up right.

I'm shooting 340 29" Easton Epic ST Realtree carbon arrows.I'm probably gunna have to shoot 100 grain broadheads though.
    yeah i cranked it down all the way and backed it out 1 rotation. So it should be at about 65-70 lbs.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    As long as when you turn it up and down you are doing it in equal increments you are fine. 1/4 turn top then 1/4 turn bottom. When/If you turn it down you will have to be aware of how many full turns you can do safely. This should be in your manual.

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    rule of thumb ...5grains of arrow per lb of draw force....example....

for a 60lb bow you need atleast 300 gr of arrow....thats IBO standards...Anything less than that is considering almost a dryfire of the bow....You want atleast the same amt of kinetic force hitting the target as your draw weight....More is great !!!!
    you want to check your tiller after adjusting to make sure your cams are timed properly....Usually adjusting top 1 full turn then bottom 1 full turn is fine..i sometimes go 2 turns at a time w/no problems...No need in todays technology to shoot heavy weights..62 lbs is about the average...im shooting 62 lbs @ 321 fps....i have great kinetic energy at the target also...My arrows ar 29 inches long and weigh 315grains w/100 grain heads.....weight isnt everything,comfort and accuracy are most important.......

Kemo

Last edited:
    Top Bottom