Shotgun for home defense?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

Here’s a start. Took me 15 seconds. I’m finding it hard to believe you’ve never heard of such.
    It’s been discussed on this site a few times that I can remember over the years and a few for instances have come up as well as names of people that give expert testimony and so forth. It’s enough for me to remember that something definitely happened before and not feel like I need to remember every detail to know something is true. In the end, the only person I care about here is me so I know what I know and I don’t care what you want to know or not.

I gotta admit, posting a YouTube video as a qualification of your point is laughable. YouTube isnt exactly a realistic source of info. Its the video version of passing along an opinion.

But I watched it for you, and of course they didnt cite a single case that these illiterate arguments resulted in a conviction.

Let me help you out here...If the shooter's actions satisfied LRS 14:20 then the rest is a moot point. Its either justifiable or not. Regardless if you have a bayonet hanging off your $4,000 dollar Gucci rifle with the Hubble telescope on top of it and firing RIP rounds.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Here’s a start. Took me 15 seconds. I’m finding it hard to believe you’ve never heard of such.

I gotta admit, posting a YouTube video as a qualification of your point is laughable. YouTube isnt exactly a realistic source of info. Its the video version of passing along an opinion.

But I watched it for you, and of course they didnt cite a single case that these illiterate arguments resulted in a conviction.

Let me help you out here...If the shooter's actions satisfied LRS 14:20 then the rest is a moot point. Its either justifiable or not. Regardless if you have a bayonet hanging off your $4,000 dollar Gucci rifle with the Hubble telescope on top of it and firing RIP rounds.
    As usual you ignore the obvious point. I mentioned it already. Here, I’ll throw it out there for you again. When the question of intent arises and a prosecutor brings to bear the details that make a defender look like an overzealous Billy badass just hoping for a trespasser, (weapon, ammo, social media posts, etc) who do you think he’s directing that toward? Common sense. Get some. Last time I checked it’s still free. Give you a hint, it’s the twelve people that will decide Billy’s fate.
    As an added bonus, if Billy makes it past the potential manslaughter charges that a left wing DA might throw at him, he’s still got his ass hanging out for the family to file a wrongful death suit and I’m certain the family attorney will exploit every aspect of Billy’s preparedness to sway the jury. Believe it or not. Why don’t you try disproving that? You’re the one questioning it after all. Btw, I just looked again and for the life of me I just can’t find 2 chits to give about what you think. Good luck with that denial thing. Personally, I’ve never seen it pay off for anyone.
    One last laugh if I may, I wonder how eager you would be to test your theory on how a jury would respond to Your Gucci rifle…
    Are you saying that none of what I’m saying is possible? Are you saying beyond a doubt, there’s no risk involved to the defender in using the ultimate BFG and maneater ammo to defend your home? Are you saying you have no concern whatsoever that you’d face any negative consequences as a result?

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I missed it where you posted a single case where a weapon accessory led to a conviction. Your usual rantings aren't facts.

You must give 2 chits about what I think, you just posted a novella about it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I missed it where you posted a single case where a weapon accessory led to a conviction. Your usual rantings aren't facts.

You must give 2 chits about what I think, you just posted a novella about it.
    Would it hurt your feelings to know that I never looked for a case? And you haven’t answered the question. Do you believe your own BS? Do you think it has never come up in court? You also can’t disprove it. At the very worst I will be smart and go with it’s better to err on the side of caution. You can take your chances if you want. I understand how your ego could override any common sense or potential intelligence that you might by some chance possess. Somebody has to be the loser. Have at it. Get a life bozo. Living to argue with anybody on the net solely for the sake of arguing is really a sad thing.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Here ya go Mr Advanced. I spent about 2.5 minutes on this just for you.

Attachments

• EF99E55C-00DE-4A87-B692-F8015E09ECA5.png
      EF99E55C-00DE-4A87-B692-F8015E09ECA5.png
      437.7 KB · Views: 98
    Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Would it hurt your feelings to know that I never looked for a case? And you haven’t answered the question. Do you believe your own BS? Do you think it has never come up in court? You also can’t disprove it. At the very worst I will be smart and go with it’s better to err on the side of caution. You can take your chances if you want. I understand how your ego could override any common sense or potential intelligence that you might by some chance possess. Somebody has to be the loser. Have at it. Get a life bozo. Living to argue with anybody on the net solely for the sake of arguing is really a sad thing.
    "Living to argue with anybody on the net..."....LOL, you do realize you just summarized the vast majority of your posts. You are the most argumentative child on this board...And a little nutty quite honestly.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Here ya go Mr Advanced. I spent about 2.5 minutes on this just for you.

Sweet. Thank you.
    I bet two guys on here that I could make you do some type of background research on the topic to try and argue some more.

Although funny, there still is no case law in there, just conjecture.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Here is a case that popped in my head. It was attempted but ultimately failed to be used against this officer in court. It sets a precedence for future trials. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/cops-ar-15-dust-cover-inscription-used-against-him-in-court/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    As soon as I saw the dust cover in the hyperlink, I knew it was going to be the hotel shooting. I remember those body cams. That was some cringe worthy ****. Those guys were out of control. The stuff the contact officer was saying was really bad.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I think we’re missing the point here. The DA will certainly try to use things like ammo, mods, or certain guns used to get a conviction but at the end of the day if everything else was done legally the chances of getting a conviction on something like that alone are slim to none.

I would say just use common sense and don’t put something like “you’re f****” on your dust cover. It could be argued by the shooter’s attorney that one was being responsible by using jhp instead of fmj or using an AR with select ammunition instead of a pistol or shotgun.

At the end of the day know the law and get it directly from the source.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think we’re missing the point here. The DA will certainly try to use things like ammo, mods, or certain guns used to get a conviction but at the end of the day if everything else was done legally the chances of getting a conviction on something like that alone are slim to none.

I would say just use common sense and don’t put something like “you’re f****” on your dust cover. It could be argued by the shooter’s attorney that one was being responsible by using jhp instead of fmj or using an AR with select ammunition instead of a pistol or shotgun.

At the end of the day know the law and get it directly from the source.
    I’ll buy that. All I was trying to say is a smart man would understand that it can be used against you and I don’t want to be a test case. Its in the neighborhood of just because you can doesn’t mean you should. And trying to convince people that they have nothing to fear from a prosecutor in any sort of shoot is immoral.
    Apparently Arizona vs Fish was a case where the gun of choice led to a conviction, although it was later overturned…3 years later…after the old school teacher spent 3 years in the pen. But ok.
    Advanced losers can do whatever they want.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sweet. Thank you.
    I bet two guys on here that I could make you do some type of background research on the topic to try and argue some more.

Although funny, there still is no case law in there, just conjecture.
    Haha, Make me do what? I was just showing a little pity for a fool. I bet 5 guys that you wouldn’t answer the question AND that you’d never stop arguing. Those were some good burgers. It does actually take at least 2 people to argue and here you are…trying to act like it’s just me. Hypocritical much?

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry, I've been off the forum for a while...

Evidence? Citing cases? No. OTOH, the media has spent the last 10 years+ vilifying the AR-15 and AK. You're likely getting a jury whose firearm knowledge comes from the evening news and tv and movies. Do you want them thinking 'that's what my uncle used to dove hunt' or 'that's the gun Val Kilmer used in Heat'. Is it going to get you convicted on that? no. Will it matter? maybe.

Top Bottom