Shotgun repair

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Two actually.

1. I have a OLD Winchester model 37 single shot crack barrel with the exposed hammer. This gun will probably NEVER be shot again, but want it fixed. I was hunting with my grandfather probably 15-20 years ago. I was shooting his A-5. He was shooting the 37. After a few shots, it quit going bang!!! We assumed the firing pin broke. This gun holds a tremendous amount of sentimental value, so I want it fixed. Unfortunatly I want ALL 3 elements. I want good, cheap, and not as importantly, fast. I know I can possibly get 2 of the 3 so Id prefer good and cheap, but dont want to trust it to just anyone. I live in Prairieville, so any suggestions are appreciated.

2. The A-5 I was shooting in above paragraph was set to shoot high brass loads. I dont remember how the ring on the magazine tube/spring etc need to be set for it to cycle light loads. I doubt Ill be shooting too many high brass shells with it, and right now, I cant get it to cycle low brass shells.

Thanks

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Man, that's a stumper. Lessee....

Wait! I know! Turn the ring over!:D

Sorry, couldn't resist that. Look for a bevel cut inside one side of the ring. That side goes against the spring for heavier loads.

Ill try again. I knew it was something easy. I thought I tried that, guess I tried everything else I could think of but that. Thanks

Edit thats how it was. Hmmmm!!!

Last edited:

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    for the first question talk to Brandon, he should be able to look at it and do it for a nominal fee (a couple ducks maybe or a guided trip...)

he might have some insight on the second question also, he's got a book on most shotguns and he fixed my Remington 878 Automaster for me last year after if FUBAR'd at the dove hunt.

Top Bottom