SHOTshow 2022

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Any of you guys going to Shot this year? Me and a couple of the guys from Gretna Gun Works will be headed out at 8pm today. Staying until Friday afternoon.

If theres anything cool that you think I should check out while I am running around let me know!

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I saw that. Seemed expensive because you have to buy the whole slide but I guess it couldn’t work any other way. Also I didn’t know if you could change your mind or cancel the release fire like you could on a rifle

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The funniest part of that video was rep's reaction at 0:35 when the guy said the gun had a switch like the Glock 18. I guess the rep would rather not have his product, which is not turn the weapon into an automatic weapon, compared to an automatic weapon.

I would think changing your mind when the trigger was pulled would be the same as on the rifle version. Change the function of the trigger to shoot on pull only.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    The funniest part of that video was rep's reaction at 0:35 when the guy said the gun had a switch like the Glock 18. I guess the rep would rather not have his product, which is not turn the weapon into an automatic weapon, compared to an automatic weapon.

I would think changing your mind when the trigger was pulled would be the same as on the rifle version. Change the function of the trigger to shoot on pull only.
    Some of these companies dance so close to the edge of a legal item vs nfa item it’s pretty silly. I wonder If it will make it to market.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    You can cancel the double shot by holding the trigger back and putting on the safety. You have to flip a switch to make it a double shot or it fires conventionally. They are coming out/making one for the Ruger 10/22 rifle also.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Some of these companies dance so close to the edge of a legal item vs nfa item it’s pretty silly. I wonder If it will make it to market.
    Binary triggers have been on the market for a few years now. I see it as a good thing. The more things like this that flood the market takes away time and effort for infringing on other stuff.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    You can cancel the double shot by holding the trigger back and putting on the safety. You have to flip a switch to make it a double shot or it fires conventionally. They are coming out/making one for the Ruger 10/22 rifle also.
    Gotcha. I was just wondering because I figured he would want to point that out but maybe they are limited by time.

The 10/22 has been out a while. They were supposed to have ones as a complete cassette by now in addition to the retrofit kit

oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La
    The ATF has already set their sights on binarys and treats them as bump stocks. Fl. has banned binarys on the state level. When this device hits the market it's history will be short-lived. IMHO.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Naaa I’ll take a like new safe queen used H1/t1 with endless micro mount options and proven 50,000 hour chip for $425-550 used (of course not bayou shooter used prices :chuckles:, ar15.com ect) over a newer 30,000 hour micro chip unproven tech that has zero mounting options let along low shotgun/Ak/pcc mounting options for $499

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The ATF has already set their sights on binarys and treats them as bump stocks. Fl. has banned binarys on the state level. When this device hits the market it's history will be short-lived. IMHO.
    The AFT can stomp their feet and yell all day about binary triggers. Till the cows come home.

Look at the forced reset trigger from Rare Breed. They've sent cease and desist letters, threatened arrest, and the owner, (Who has the largest cajones on the planet) told them to pound sand.
    They won't take it to court. Plain and simple. They harass. They send nasty letters. They'll even give you a stern talking to, but they won't take it to court.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The AFT can stomp their feet and yell all day about binary triggers. Till the cows come home.

Look at the forced reset trigger from Rare Breed. They've sent cease and desist letters, threatened arrest, and the owner, (Who has the largest cajones on the planet) told them to pound sand.
    They won't take it to court. Plain and simple. They harass. They send nasty letters. They'll even give you a stern talking to, but they won't take it to court.

Yes, the companies can refuse if they only know *THE LAW*. The same applies to individuals but they’ll try to intimidate and then cost you money and discomfort.

For the carbine it makes some sense.

For a pistol… I find it a bit stupid (for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom