Sig Spear LT 11.5" Meltdown

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    we all know i love me some bcm... but gotta say i have equal love for some sig mcx virtus and spear lt... id say it did pretty good… they said it beat out ddm4v7, geisslie super duty, ddm4 ris3, knights sr-15, radian was the only one so far to beat it out by 45 rounds lol

BCM:hi5:SIG MCX

sig virtus LE 11.5" 5.56 SBR w/omega 30
    sig spear LT rattler 6.7” .300 pistol w/hybrid 46

1720470043840.jpeg

sig MPX-K 4.5" 9mm w/hybrid 46
    sig virtus LE 11.5" 5.56 SBR w/omega 30
    sig spear LT rattler 6.7” .300 pisto w/hybrid 46

1720470000452.jpeg

1720473681456.jpeg

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The smoke is very clearly seen.
    This reminds me of the time that I went through the "Fire team Assault Course" at SOI(School of Infantry) Camp Pendleton. It was business as usual for us since we were all fresh out of Boot with 10 days leave in between and only 2 weeks into SOI. In full gear, including helmet and body armor, we ran 5 miles in formation(collom of twos) with rifles at "port arms." At one point, the Marines at the front of the formation would drop to the side and do 10 pushups with rifle resting on top of hands then rejoin the formation at the rear. Our Troop Handlers made sure that everyone got a few turns at this. The intention of this part was to induce some level of fatigue before the course of fire.
    After we arrived at the range(just one of many at Camp Pendleton), we were ordered to drink at least half of one of our canteens as we received range instruction on the course of fire. A Fire Team is the smallest unit of organization in the Marines which consists of 4 Marines. There are 3 Fire Teams to a Squad plus a Squad Leader with 3 or 4 Squads to a Platoon.
    One member of the Fire Team is the Automatic Rifleman who would normally have a M249SAW, M240, or even the good ole M-60E2(best known for the forward grip and light barrel.) Machine guns are not issued during SOI, so as the Automatic Rifleman in my Fire Team, I was given 10 magazines for the M-16A2 instead of 7 and told to go "burst-fire" only.
    The course of fire was a little dangerous because we were charging the "enemy" individually while the rest of the Fire Team would give cover fire against pop up targets. Yes, this is a rare instance of being downrange while the rest of your team is firing and vice versa. The course of fire lasted 2-3 minutes, so my barrel was red hot from firing 300 rounds on burst in such a short period of time. I accidentally touched the barrel on my arm and dropped the rifle after receiving a minor burn. A CPL immediately said, "Follow it" and then was doing pushups with the rifle across my hands(feeling the heat) till the CPL said to stop. Afterwards I attempted to explain to him why I dropped the rifle to which he said, "I don't give a f$$k!"It was the first and last time I ever dropped my rifle.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ShootingStarr
    Top Bottom