Sign the Petition for Constitional Carry in Louisiana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don't waste your time. Edwards would sooner endorse Trump for President than be the first democrat Governor to enact permitless carry.

Unless republicans can ferret out the two losers who submarined it last time, and replace them with two that can't be bought off, you best hope that a republican Governor gets elected next election.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Don't waste your time. Edwards would sooner endorse Trump for President than be the first democrat Governor to enact permitless carry.

Unless republicans can ferret out the two losers who submarined it last time, and replace them with two that can't be bought off, you best hope that a republican Governor gets elected next election.
    Same. No point. He will veto it in a second and the legislature will not over turn the veto.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Edwards’ days are dwindling and we’ve needed a Republican far longer than now and for much more than this. That being said, no matter what happens or when, voicing your complaints, wishes, opinions, etc. is NEVER a waste of time. In fact, NOT voicing them gives the opposition your proxy! Do you willingly just give up your say on the matter? You don’t seem to do that right here on this site.
    Dude, rethink your statement, I mean sit down and think about it. Tell us when standing up for your rights or beliefs is EVER a waste of time. Now think about how much that little 3% of the population I will call “transies” has shaken up our country and made themselves heard, while the rest of us have been silenced and shunned into not voicing our opinion.
    There may not be much I can do about the state of things, but I do have a voice. Imagine what might happen if we decide to stop complaining, stop voting, stop giving our opinions, voicing our wishes and our objections. You think it’s far fetched that we might lose the right to do so completely? Does nothing you see today even remotely make you believe that we are going down that road already? Ever hear the term, “squeaky wheel gets the grease”?
    I’ve long respected your opinion here, but I have to tell you now, on this, you’re wrong.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I’ve long respected your opinion here, but I have to tell you now, on this, you’re wrong.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't voice your opinion or speak your mind. I'm saying this particular issue is a waste of time as long as Jon Bel Edwards is the governor. In 7 more days, the Louisiana republicans will again file the Bill for Constitutional Carry. It will pass unanimously in the republican held committees and in both chambers. Even though the handful of black Sheriffs and Cheifs will get up there and make it a racial issue, and tell everyone how the world will come to an end if we pass it here (even though 26 other states now have it), and it will go to Edwards desk, and he will veto it; no matter how many letters you write.
    He will veto it, not because it is the right thing to do for the safety of the children, but because he is a democrat! As well as he scores for CoVid, and abortion, he still has to tow the line for the rest of these depraved democrat ideologues on guns.

The dog and pony show up there is a joke! You WILL NEVER change his mind!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don’t waste your time?

Gee thanks guys. You just made Edwards and Brandon’s day.
    When democrats have veto power, they laugh at sh*t like this. You do remember how hard Edwards worked to bribe those to turncoat republicans last year? I doubt the favors promised to those two were close ended last year.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    To all those saying that this is a waste of time, this is exactly what the Dems do. They file the same bills year in and year out and they eventually get their bill passed because they are persistent.

May not happen this year but it’s no reason not to not try.
    Go ahead! Try!

Louisiana is a "deep" red state wth solid majorities. It got a "blue" governor! Twice! Democrats pass their nonsense because they use their majorities to pass garbage regardless of what normal sane people think; and no matter how loud the opposition screams. They couldn't care less about the Constitution or what anti-garbage opposition says or does!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have spent years of my life fighting for right and just causes in the Louisiana Legislature. I never backed a position that couldn't be proven to be beneficial or a logically sound improvement to what was being offered. I had facts, numbers, witnesses, voting majorities on my side, petitions, rallies, you name it. These politicians don't care unless they agree or are going to vote for the issue anyway.
    You simply will not change their minds with petitions, facts, truth, or anything else. The fix is always in up there!

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    To all those saying that this is a waste of time, this is exactly what the Dems do. They file the same bills year in and year out and they eventually get their bill passed because they are persistent.

May not happen this year but it’s no reason not to not try.
    Democrats are persistent and they stick together unlike Republicans. Time and time again Republicans pass symbolic bills knowing they will get vetoed. Then when there is a republican governor or president they do nothing! The fact that Obamacare remains after years of symbolic bills to remove it. Then the GOP had the power to do so and did not, i am done with symbolic gestures.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have spent years of my life fighting for right and just causes in the Louisiana Legislature. I never backed a position that couldn't be proven to be beneficial or a logically sound improvement to what was being offered. I had facts, numbers, witnesses, voting majorities on my side, petitions, rallies, you name it. These politicians don't care unless they agree or are going to vote for the issue anyway.
    You simply will not change their minds with petitions, facts, truth, or anything else. The fix is always in up there!
    Sounds like you’re bitter. We are all bitter. Take a break and hold your tongue. The rest of us will fight the good fight and voice our opposition. Telling people that is a waste of time is like kicking the ball into your own goal. Points for the other team. You don’t want people thinking you’ve switched sides, do you?
    By the way, you realize we are talking about a petition, right? Not a bill. As long as I’ve lived, I’ve never heard of a governor trying to veto a petition. The results of that petition will be there long after Edwards empties his desk. Not a waste of time.
    They are relentless and never stop their attempts to rob us of our freedoms. It’s never a waste of time to fight back.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Go ahead! Try!

Louisiana is a "deep" red state wth solid majorities. It got a "blue" governor! Twice! Democrats pass their nonsense because they use their majorities to pass garbage regardless of what normal sane people think; and no matter how loud the opposition screams. They couldn't care less about the Constitution or what anti-garbage opposition says or does!
    I have no dispersions about how this will end up this year. Especially after how it played out two years ago. But persistence and patience are the tools that we will use.

The left has done this spectacularly. Need to take a few pages from their playbook

Top Bottom