Sign the Petition for Constitional Carry in Louisiana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Sounds like you’re bitter. We are all bitter. Take a break and hold your tongue. The rest of us will fight the good fight and voice our opposition. Telling people that is a waste of time is like kicking the ball into your own goal. Points for the other team. You don’t want people thinking you’ve switched sides, do you?
    By the way, you realize we are talking about a petition, right? Not a bill. As long as I’ve lived, I’ve never heard of a governor trying to veto a petition. The results of that petition will be there long after Edwards empties his desk. Not a waste of time.
    They are relentless and never stop their attempts to rob us of our freedoms. It’s never a waste of time to fight back.
    He does sound bitter. I am bitter as well. I just rolled my eyes after they changed the bill at the last minute last year and was irate at the betrayal two years ago, so I completely empathize with @Emporer.

That said, giving up is not an option. And this year may not be the year but going to push as hard as possible with emails and phone calls and spread the word the best I can.

The landscape may or may not be different next year. Here’s hoping. But living for the here and now and be as persistent as possible

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I think it may be more likely to happen if you float a petition to add it to the ballot for a State constitution amendment. Very unlikely that this would pass the State congress, and if it did, the governor would veto it and would rather die before signing it into law.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Sounds like you’re bitter. We are all bitter. Take a break and hold your tongue. The rest of us will fight the good fight and voice our opposition. Telling people that is a waste of time is like kicking the ball into your own goal. Points for the other team. You don’t want people thinking you’ve switched sides, do you?
    By the way, you realize we are talking about a petition, right? Not a bill. As long as I’ve lived, I’ve never heard of a governor trying to veto a petition. The results of that petition will be there long after Edwards empties his desk. Not a waste of time.
    They are relentless and never stop their attempts to rob us of our freedoms. It’s never a waste of time to fight back.
    I agree, but hold with my earlier statements about this. The petition should NOT BE to pass a constitutional carry LAW, it should be to amend the State constitution to reflect that it is the right of the people to bear arms without a permit.

Any restriction on the "keep and bear arms" is an infringement of the 2nd amendment guarantee. Having to apply for a permit is an infringement even if it is free.

Just my opinion.
    Cheers.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Yup -my kneejerk reaction was similar to some others here -waste of time, never happen, pipedream, etc etc. until I read each one of the responses then went to the website for Jamie Pope, the gal that made this petition a part of her political campaign. She's done the hard part and handing us an opportunity to do the easy part.

So, 1st thought wrong. Let's proceed with my 2nd thought. Sign the damned petition and then send the link to my daughter. Her family looks just like Jamie Pope's family, and she lives in Jamie's district.

Done.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Yup -my kneejerk reaction was similar to some others here -waste of time, never happen, pipedream, etc etc. until I read each one of the responses then went to the website for Jamie Pope, the gal that made this petition a part of her political campaign. She's done the hard part and handing us an opportunity to do the easy part.

So, 1st thought wrong. Let's proceed with my 2nd thought. Sign the damned petition and then send the link to my daughter. Her family looks just like Jamie Pope's family, and she lives in Jamie's district.

Done.
    Well done, sir. The other side wants us to get discouraged and give up. That makes their job easier. Make their job to restrict our freedoms as hard as possible! Stay in the fight even if the odds are long!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom