SIRT pistol?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    anyone have one of these? Im considering adding one for my classes and setting one up specifically for me (they say you can add you own sights to them). If you do have one, do you think it materially helped you with dry firing drills etc?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I "borrowed" one for a long period of time several months ago, and it is indeed an invaluable tool. Even more so for an instructor, I would imagine-- it has endless possibilities for that.

Recently, I heard from a couple of high-end GM shooters that they don't drop a striker/hammer in dry fire because you can easily form bad habits that are hard to track on the sights. Those that do advocate it recognize that without manually working the slide/hammer, you're restricted to just one pull on most firearms and then "simulated" presses from that point in time on.

The SIRT alleviates both of those problems, between the auto-setting trigger and the reference laser dot. It does indeed indicate improper trigger manipulation. On top of that, you've got the capacity to train reloads (with mags weighted for full 17 round capacity, or 10 if you're working on competition stuff), and a different colored laser for the take of tracking when you begin to take up slack-- important not only during the drawstroke, but for transitions and any type of press out as well. Couple that with the customizable features (including a fully adjustable trigger that was actually pretty easy to get tuned to where I wanted it) and you're looking at a very nice tool.

The only reason I don't have one of my own right now is that they haven't released the M&P frame yet.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oh, and on another potentially helpful note...

If you are NRA Certified, there's a DAMN fine discount on these things. IIRC, you get the price reduction for up to 3 pistols? So if you're thinking about getting multiples and have the credentials, you absolutely want to look into that.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    What SIN said

I have one and love it but I am waiting for them to come out with the M&P PLatform

Best thing you can do is wait for the NRA to send you your certs and then apply for the discount directly for it, the way it works is that YOU as INstructor get yours at discounted price but you get some more to "sell" to your students of you dont sell them you just send those back and no feelings hurt.

The only down side is that they call you on monthly basis trying to sell you more guns

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    That's awesome, I will definitely pick up at least two then, and if I can sell one I'm ahead of the game! I contacted them, hopefully I'll get details tomorrow. We used them in the instructor course and I was very impressed, but didn't get enough trigger time behind it to really gauge its effectiveness.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    That's awesome, I will definitely pick up at least two then, and if I can sell one I'm ahead of the game! I contacted them, hopefully I'll get details tomorrow. We used them in the instructor course and I was very impressed, but didn't get enough trigger time behind it to really gauge its effectiveness.

Believe me you will hear from them over and over by phone, e mail, etc.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

Yeah thats what I said earlier, OMG they call and call and call and call and call ........................

I started playing the no hablo ingles with them, and when they catch on I tell him that until he gets me what I want Im not buying any more guns, "OH we put the M&P on the back burner because of SHOT SHOW, but at the end of this year" AIGHT well call me then, PEACE ...........

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    How about special mags with c02 in them so every 17 rounds the slide blows back. Stroke of genius? I think so. Now I just need to patent that.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    What did you do with them in your instructor course?

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    The only down side is that they call you on monthly basis trying to sell you more guns

Yeah thats what I said earlier, OMG they call and call and call and call and call ........................
    So what I'm getting out of this is the OP should pick up a prepaid phone and set up a new email addy just to deal with these people.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Well, I've ordered one, for a GREAT price compared to retail. I did get 3 emails and a phone call in the last 24 hours though. They say it'll ship in in the next 3 weeks.

Pretty sure it's going to be a very good purchase, but I might go broke on batteries

Top Bottom