Smallest Gun Comfortable Carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trafalgar47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Covington
    What's the smallest gun you are comfortable carrying? What about uncommon calibers for ccw such as 22lr, 25acp, and 32acp?
    I bought a Kel-tec P32 about 2 months ago. I watched a lot of video reviews & went an shot a friends 380 version. I was not impressed with the 380. Trigger pull was like a staple gun. I’m glad I bought the p32. Perfect for CC. I don’t think you could take on a mass shooter unless you’re close. The only con would be ammo cost. I put about 150 rounds thru it training. It’s a fun little gun. The size of the gun is perfect for the size of the ammo. I rotate it with my Glock 43 w/ shield arms 9 round magazine. .22lr is good for a small revolver even if you get a lite hit with no discharge you can clear it easy but not in a semiautomatic. Have to go .32 centerfire over .22 rimfire.

Attachments

• A3C547ED-4B7E-4C6D-A27A-5D5301BED5C4.jpeg
      A3C547ED-4B7E-4C6D-A27A-5D5301BED5C4.jpeg
      815.7 KB · Views: 87

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’ve been carrying a Glock 17 appendix for the past 3 years or so now. I just don’t see the point of carrying such a tiny gun when I can comfortably carry a full sized one. The smallest I’ve ever carried was a G30s.

Since posting this I picked up a Ruger LCP from a member here. It comes in handy when taking out the trash, checking the mailbox, or running out to the car really quick. I still wouldn’t feel comfortable carrying it as my primary and still carry my 17 daily. I can say though I now see the point in owning a smaller gun for certain situations.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Wow kind of overkill don’t you think? Who needs two shots and two barrels at that?
    I was thinking a reflex sight and a green laser would be cool. After all, You only have two rounds. Gotta make them count.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I generally carry a Sig P238, a clone of the Mustang. .380.

If I want a bit more, I'll carry my G43X. 9mm. I carry it when I travel as well. If anything happens to it, oh well. It's just a Glock.

When there is the possibility of Brown Bear. I carry a 2" Dan Wesson revolver in .357 with 215gr linotype semi-wad cutters loaded to 1050 fps. Not what you want for self defense, unless the bad guy is standing in front of a good backstop.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Idk about y’all but watching the news from time to time these thugs aren’t carrying pocket pistols or even compact 9mm. You see them getting busted with AR pistols and Drakos more often than not and when they do have a pistol, it’s a full size pistol with an extended magazine. I don’t feel as armed as I’d like traveling to and from work with a full sized 9mm anymore let alone relying on a tiny pistol from my pocket. Other than just sheer convenience I don’t see any reason not to carry a full sized handgun daily.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom