Smokin' and grillin'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Started yesterday morning with seasoning that fresh Pekin duck I picked up Friday.

DSC01986.jpg

I let it smoke at 250* for a few hours and gradually brought it up to about 290* until it was done. When done I brought it in to cool and pulled the meat for making duck quesadillas later this evening.

DSC01997.jpg

While the duck was smoking on the Keg I used my Traeger to smoke some ribs and a couple of cornish hens.

DSC01991.jpg

I put a couple of pieces of bacon across the breasts to keep the from drying out.

DSC01992.jpg

When the duck was done on the ketg I put the baked beans on for a little smoky flavor.

DSC02006.jpg

Made a little dirty rice to have as a side.

DSC01996.jpg

Time for a cold beer!

DSC02001.jpg

The hens were done and were beautiful looking. Too much food so They'll be lunch this week.

DSC02008.jpg

Ribs done and sauced.

DSC02012.jpg

These were some meaty ribs!

DSC02034.jpg

When the beans were done I through some chicken leg quarters on along with some aligator sausage and sweet peppers.

DSC02025.jpg

Time for a twenty two ounce Fat Tire!

DSC02031.jpg

Almost forgot about the corn. I warmed it on the grill. This was some really sweet fresh corn.

DSC02036.jpg

And a plate of some good eats!

DSC02043.jpg

I had also grilled some peaches for dessert with vanilla ice cream but I was too stuffed to have dessert.

DSC02042.jpg

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    That looks good!

How do you do your corn? How long do you leave it?

This was fresh corn in the husks. I did the microwave method for removing the silk which worked great. So, the corn was basically cooked. I just warmed it on the grill so I could melt the butter on it and gave it a little roasted flavor too. Came out great!!

BTW, you can actually eat corn without cooking it. I like to cook it a little so I could just take a stick of butter and rub it up and down the cob.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Looks good! Just pulled the chicken off the pit 10 min ago, and mentioned to the fiance we needed to find away to keep breast from drying up. Thanks

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks guys!
    This service is brought to you free of charge. I know some of you are so attached to this forum that if I didn't post stuff like this you would just sit there and whither away without getting up and feeding yourself. See, I know now after reading my posts you get hungry and go and fix youselves a potted meat sandwich.

Your welcome!!!:dogkeke:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Thanks guys!
    This service is brought to you free of charge. I know some of you are so attached to this forum that if I didn't post stuff like this you would just sit there and whither away without getting up and feeding yourself. See, I know now after reading my posts you get hungry and go and fix youselves a potted meat sandwich.

Your welcome!!!:dogkeke:

We would just have to sit around and wait for somebody to post that their CCW :deadhorse: CHP instructor told them they can't wear a red shirt with a weapon.

Oh I like crackers with my potted meat. :D

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Care to share the recipe for the ribs and beans?

I'll tell but you can't tell anyone else. :nono:;)
    First with the ribs I dry them off and then smear a little(not too much)cane syrup on them to act as a glue for the rub. This also helps the caramelize and seal them from drying out. For these I used one of my dry rubs(Wild)I make(no recipes, I may have it produced to sell). I put these in my Traeger pellet fueled grill for about two hours at 250*. then raised the temp to about 280-290 until they were done. I can't tell you exactly how long as I cook them until they bend(the whole rack)in the middle and want to break but don't. I sauce them on both sides and leave them in the grill/smoker about 1/2 hour to cook to the meat. Done!

The beans are a bit more difficult as I cook them without measuring. I did use three large cans of Bush's Maple beans(for a headstart)and add onions, garlic, yellow mustard, brown sugar, sometimes honey but not when they are already flavored as these were, a little Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and again sometimes whatever open brand of bbq sauce in the fridge. cook or as I did this time to add a little smoke in the smoker/grill at 270* with a chunk of hickory wood for smoke untill bubbly and hot. Oh, I also added one pound of cooked bacon crumbled up. Sometimes I use a good smoked sausage but I like wthe way these came out with the bacon.

Anything else I can do, just ask.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I'll tell but you can't tell anyone else. :nono:;)
    First with the ribs I dry them off and then smear a little(not too much)cane syrup on them to act as a glue for the rub. This also helps the caramelize and seal them from drying out. For these I used one of my dry rubs(Wild)I make(no recipes, I may have it produced to sell). I put these in my Traeger pellet fueled grill for about two hours at 250*. then raised the temp to about 280-290 until they were done. I can't tell you exactly how long as I cook them until they bend(the whole rack)in the middle and want to break but don't. I sauce them on both sides and leave them in the grill/smoker about 1/2 hour to cook to the meat. Done!

The beans are a bit more difficult as I cook them without measuring. I did use three large cans of Bush's Maple beans(for a headstart)and add onions, garlic, yellow mustard, brown sugar, sometimes honey but not when they are already flavored as these were, a little Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and again sometimes whatever open brand of bbq sauce in the fridge. cook or as I did this time to add a little smoke in the smoker/grill at 270* with a chunk of hickory wood for smoke untill bubbly and hot. Oh, I also added one pound of cooked bacon crumbled up. Sometimes I use a good smoked sausage but I like wthe way these came out with the bacon.

Anything else I can do, just ask.

WOW thanks

Your exact address and what's on the menu for Saturday afternoon would be nice:}

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    WOW thanks

Your exact address and what's on the menu for Saturday afternoon would be nice:}
    And if you don't want to post your address, just post some rough directions and we can smell the right way out :)

Top Bottom