So in the sanctuary city of NYC.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I got stopped in NYC for having a pocket knife with visible clip. The cop was very cool about it and basically knew I wasn't from there lol

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    What like clipped onto the pants pocket? Where you'd normally put it? That's illegal in NY?
    Yeah man. Born and raised in Brooklyn . You can’t have anything on you. I’ve heard if you had a folding blade and it was smaller than 4 fingers in length it’s cool . In all reality you can’t carry pepper spray, batons, lots of those key chain brass knuckle things **** I’ve seen people arrested for the old bandanna tied to a padlock . Which ******* sucked being in 6th grade and having to ride the subway from my house in Brooklyn 45 minutes all the way into Manhattan more worried about that “stop and frisk ********” than the crazy Homeless guy that rode the f train every morning and carried a razor in his mouth. Sorry had to vent ... **** New York except when we go for thanksgiving / Xmas to see my family. It’s just all around better down here

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What like clipped onto the pants pocket? Where you'd normally put it? That's illegal in NY?
    Yeah, I had the BayouShooter PM2 in my back right pocket. Was wearing a button-down tucked into some khakis. The black knife clip was clearly visible against the lighter khaki pants.

Officer was super cool about it and immediately knew I wasn't from around there lol

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Yeah, I had the BayouShooter PM2 in my back right pocket. Was wearing a button-down tucked into some khakis. The black knife clip was clearly visible against the lighter khaki pants.

Officer was super cool about it and immediately knew I wasn't from around there lol
    Which is why I'll never go there, . . .

My liberty is worth far more than a Broadway play.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA

That is just astounding to me. A pocket knife is probably the singularly most useful tool in existence. You might as well also ban opposable thumbs if you're going to restrict such a broadly applicable tool. Any jurisdiction that has it's head so far up its ass it believes such restrictions are somehow worthy and necessary, is a sh!thole I never want to visit.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That is just astounding to me. A pocket knife is probably the singularly most useful tool in existence. You might as well also ban opposable thumbs if you're going to restrict such a broadly applicable tool. Any jurisdiction that has it's head so far up its ass it believes such restrictions are somehow worthy and necessary, is a sh!thole I never want to visit.

You can have one just not visible, this includes the clip. I was lucky enough to carry a firearm everywhere I went and even was allowed to carry it inside Trump tower. Every NYPD officer and the Secret Service was top notch. NYPD was probably some of the nicest LEOs I’ve ever dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom