So Long Ronnie, Rest In Peace!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Montrose came up with some of rock's most memorable riffs. I've Got the Fire, and Rock Candy are certainly two of his greatest.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    WTF??? :eek3:

Was Bruce actually using the lyrics from the 70's Meow Mix Commercial in the refrain?

Seriously! I have EVERY album and I have NEVER heard that cover in my life! :mamoru:

Last edited:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    He was with Edgar Winter Group on the "They Only Come Out At Night" album... remember "Frankenstein"?? To this day "Bad Motor Scooter" can kill instantly at 500 meters. He was one of the greats. Ronnie we will miss you.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Just heard about Ronnie,.... can't help but think about cruising the Baton Rouge strip, Florida Blvd from Flannery to Airline Hwy, way back in 1979. Not much to look at now but the strip was happening back in the day and so was Ronnie, Sammy and "Montrose". Racing our '77 TA and jammin' to "Rock Candy".....those were good times. I don't put much faith in rock and roll autobiographies but i really enjoyed reading "Red" by Sammy Hagar. He dedicates 3-4 chapters to his time with Ronnie Montrose.
    We lost some great rock musicians this past few years; Gary Moore from Thin Lizzy, Gerry Rafferty(if you don't know then you've never been to "Baker Street"), Clarence Clemons from Springsteen's E Street Band, Jani Lane from Warrant, Mike Starr from Alice in Chains, Cory Smoot aka "Flattus Maximus" from GWAR, Ronnie Jame Dio(no explanation needed, I hope), Pete Steel from Type O Negative, Mike Burston from Motorhead and Paul Gray from Slipknot. Rest in Peace guys.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just heard about Ronnie,.... can't help but think about cruising the Baton Rouge strip, Florida Blvd from Flannery to Airline Hwy, way back in 1979. Not much to look at now but the strip was happening back in the day and so was Ronnie, Sammy and "Montrose". Racing our '77 TA and jammin' to "Rock Candy".....those were good times. I don't put much faith in rock and roll autobiographies but i really enjoyed reading "Red" by Sammy Hagar. He dedicates 3-4 chapters to his time with Ronnie Montrose.
    We lost some great rock musicians this past few years; Gary Moore from Thin Lizzy, Gerry Rafferty(if you don't know then you've never been to "Baker Street"), Clarence Clemons from Springsteen's E Street Band, Jani Lane from Warrant, Mike Starr from Alice in Chains, Cory Smoot aka "Flattus Maximus" from GWAR, Ronnie Jame Dio(no explanation needed, I hope), Pete Steel from Type O Negative, Mike Burston from Motorhead and Paul Gray from Slipknot. Rest in Peace guys.

Possibly more bad news on the horizon; Tony Iommi has cancer. Wanted to fight through treatment to go through with the Black Sabbath Reunion Tour, then had to cancel. Not good.

I don't think there is any guitarist in any genre of music that has come up with more memorable solo's and melodies as Tony Iommi.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    image001.jpg

Oderus on Fox News.....and to think when i was growing up my folks were scared of Gene Simmons Ha! what a p***y.. Oderus would kick his ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom