So what do you guys think about what is going on in the US Congressional House the last couple days?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Six votes and six failures for Kevin McCarthy (R) to become the new Speaker of the House. Sixteen Republican members of the House voted against him last vote. Has not occurred since 1923. McCarthy has already moved into the Speaker's office a week ago, Matt Gaith pointed that out today on the 1200 news. Well that seems rather premature on his part. Seems the new Republican majority in the House is split from day one (radicals vs conservatives). I bet the Dems are liking this amusing show. There is a new alternative in the making, see the article.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Total Clown Show. Unlike the Dems, the Republicans don't stand together. It's like they don't understand need for "unity" to reach an objective. They are acting like groups of spoiled children arguing over who goes first.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Total Clown Show. Unlike the Dems, the Republicans don't stand together. It's like they don't understand need for "unity" to reach an objective. They are acting like groups of spoiled children arguing over who goes first.
    I don't know about that. A couple months ago the Squad was attacking Biden for failing to deliver on student loan forgiveness, and a couple other issues. The dems have a radical sect too. Another reason Pelosi stepped down from a Congress leadership position. She said in so many words time to let the younger blood have a larger voice in party concerns/issues. Pelosi could have been the minority whip but she declined.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Typically, Dems may criticize and whine about members of the Party or committee members, but when it comes to voting or pushing an agenda 98% of them are a block vote.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Well the 7th vote failed again today. And get this, Congress can do absolutely nothing until a Speaker is elected. No swearing in of new members, zero business old or new. Will McCarthy rally for an 8th vote tomorrow?

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I support Donald Trump for Speaker, if only for the comedy of watching him sit behind Biden at the State of the Union address.

Someone needs to keep these children in order

Attachments

• trump-daddy.jpg
      trump-daddy.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 9

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Well the 7th vote failed again today. And get this, Congress can do absolutely nothing until a Speaker is elected. No swearing in of new members, zero business old or new. Will McCarthy rally for an 8th vote tomorrow?
    Too bad this did not come before the Omni-screwus bill was passed.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Well, it is a process... My understanding is McCarthy has given in to several concessions to the more conservative side of the Republicans.

Might wind up being a good thing.

"
    During the course of that private gathering, one of the conservatives' demands was met. The Congressional Leadership Fund, the McCarthy-aligned super PAC, and the conservative Club For Growth, which has opposed McCarthy's bid for speaker, announced a détente: CLF would not spend money backing candidates in open-seat GOP primaries in safe Republican districts; in return, Club for Growth backed McCarthy for speaker.

McCarthy also offered a package of key concessions to his right-wing detractors, including reinstating a rule that a single House member could force a vote to oust the speaker in the middle of the Congress, according to Gaetz. Earlier, McCarthy had agreed that a "motion to vacate" only could be made with support from at least five members.

“Anyone, anywhere, anytime,” Gaetz said about the power members will have to call for a vote of confidence in their speaker.

Gaetz said McCarthy has also agreed to place members of the far-right Freedom Caucus on key committees like the influential Rules Committee, which determines how a bill comes to the floor." https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ding-third-day-house-voting-speaker-rcna64097

I did not see it, but I thought I heard he also agreed to no more "omnibus spending" bills.

When I see liberals saying the republicans are doing things wrong, I tend to like it.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I wrote my congressman and asked him to vote for Byron Donalds instead of McCarthy, doubt he will but I hope he does. McCarthy will probably get it, but I don't want him to. Donalds seems more passionate about and supportive of our God given rights, and the Constitution, than McCarthy.

Donalds is a new gun owner and understands what "shall not be infringed" means.

I'd rather Massie but Donalds is a good compromise. He's pretty funny too. When asked if he fears retribution by House McCarthy supporters he said, "I am 6'2" 275lbs, I'm not scared
    of that."

I'll pass on the Commiefornian (r) though.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom