Someone tried to rob Hebert Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I bought my first and second Glocks from Mr. Hebert himself. He was very nice and made me a decent deal when I traded in the first Glock for the second (22 for a 23). This was at the gun shows in Baton Rouge. But the people he had helping him did seem a bit 'put out' that you wanted to look at something or had a question.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    A few years ago I needed some spare parts for my ARs (springs, roll pins, etc.) and lived right across the bayou on Hoo Shoo Too, so I decided to shop local and support a local business owner. When I was done, I had spent over $40 for parts that would have cost $10 at Brownell's. Never went back.

Now, I support Apocalypse Sports in Tula. Good service and good prices.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    A few years ago I needed some spare parts for my ARs (springs, roll pins, etc.) and lived right across the bayou on Hoo Shoo Too, so I decided to shop local and support a local business owner. When I was done, I had spent over $40 for parts that would have cost $10 at Brownell's. Never went back.

Now, I support Apocalypse Sports in Tula. Good service and good prices.
    I don’t think a lot of gun shops realize how many potential customers they turn away by charging ridiculous prices. I don’t have a problem with paying slightly more than what I would online for the convenience of getting it same day and supporting a local business but some of these shops I’ve visited over the years are just ridiculous. ( Jefferson Gun outlet comes to mind)

Sure they might make a quick dollar on someone who doesn’t know any better but just think of all of the money lost from the guys who are actually involved and spending money weekly on gun related items. There’s no reason to be charging $30-$40 for a box of 9mm that I can get online for $16.50 or from academy for roughly $20.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I haven't darkened their door step in several years. Are the counter people still as rude as they used to be?
    Yes. They are as rude as can be. I only go because they are near my house. They charge over MSRP for everything, cuss their employees out in front of customers, and could careless about customers that just spent thousands. I like that they are local but place need some lessons in manners.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Yes. They are as rude as can be. I only go because they are near my house. They charge over MSRP for everything, cuss their employees out in front of customers, and could careless about customers that just spent thousands. I like that they are local but place need some lessons in manners.
    Thanks for confirming my fears.

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    I worked there about a decade ago…for all of about 2-3 months. Could not stand the owners. Seems like things haven’t changed much.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I've only been once . I needed a scope mount . The guy behind the counter got it for me . I told him that I had never been there before and I was going to look around for a bit . They shadowed me the whole time and didn't even try to hide it . No thanks . One and done .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve been there twice. Once to look around, nothing out of the ordinary. Second time was going to purchase a $1200 firearm and wound up walking out. I’ve been treated better at academy.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Went there quite a while ago. They had absurd Gunbroker prices long before there were absurd Gunbroker prices. Not on my list of places to go for anything.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I tried shopping there a few years ago since it is really close.
    After a few visits I went elsewhere.
    I thought it was just me, obviously not.

LonnieRG1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2021
    Zwolle La
    i wouldn't know. I've never actually been in there. I tried to go once and they had just closed. I haven't had a chance to go back.
    Went in there shop for a first time and they helped me with questions and products, I found the two guys were very helpful and professional

Top Bottom