Soon to be new AR owner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    so a buddy of mine dad has a colt sporter II for sale. he said he will hold it for me until next month when i'll have some cash for him. can anyone show me some links to articles i should read? is there anything i should really look at when i go and look at it since it is one of the first 2k built and is over 20 yrs old.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    The Sporter 2's are nice rifles. Unless it has been abused/neglected it should be good to go. Make sure the bore is clear, lube it, load it and shoot it. :-)

As a reference, my Sporter 2 is marked AR-15 A2 yet has the A1 sights, no brass deflecter, no fence around the mag release, tear drop forward assist, round handguards, 1/7 twist Gov't model profile bbl (skinny under handguards). A2 butt stock and pistol grip.

I would be curious to how it compares to the one your looking at.

It is my favorite AR

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    As a reference, my Sporter 2 is marked AR-15 A2 yet has the A1 sights, no brass deflecter, no fence around the mag release, tear drop forward assist, round handguards, 1/7 twist Gov't model profile bbl (skinny under handguards). A2 butt stock and pistol grip.

wow are you speaking english? i have alot to learn. i'll take pics when i take ownership of it

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    So...what are you going to get for your second AR?

Quick story: I went shooting with my BIL back in the early 90s. He pulls out 2 AKs and an AR-15. He then starts taking about the next AR he wants to build....my reaction, "why do you need more than one?" I'm still apologizing for questioning him.

Top Bottom