SPF: S&W 627-5; 8 shot UDR "Bloodwork"; 98%+ SPF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Hard times on Hardballing (for the moment at least). First "I'll take it" to MY EMAIL at: magger357@yahoo.com takes the item. Only big financial hit is forcing this sale, others will follow in the coming day(s) but I don't have pics for those yet.

FS-Smith & Wesson; 627-5, 2.5" bbl, 8 shot, factory fluted cylinder, moonclip recessed, Ultimate Defense Revolver or "Bloodwork" model. Pristine condition. Includes gray polymer S&W Performance Center case, all paperwork from factory including warranty cards. Less than 100 rounds fired and only a financial hit forces this sale. Gun differs from pic only in that it currently wears a set of "custom" modified RB S&W N frame "football" cutout grips (handdone from gent over on S&W forum). Also included are S&W logo Hogue fingergroove rubber grips. This model does have the lock removed and "the Plug" installed but the original lock mechanism is included should you wish to re-install (not sure why you would want that but...to each their own). Folks, this is an OUTSTANDING revolver providing power ranges from the mildest .38 specials to 125 grain JHP flamethrowers. Sights are dovetailed VERY brite Millet adjustable, front and rear. As many shots as a 1911 with LOTS more power on tap, hence the Ultimate Defensive Revolver name from Smith. :) No trades desired and silly lowball offers will be ignored. I have great feedback here and on S&W forum, you be the same please.

Slight story on this one. I am second owner. Purchased from retired FBI agent out of FL (reference provided if required) who also "babied this piece. You will notice that this one has a fluted cylinder, rather than the standard non fluted. Original purchaser ordered just a standard UDR from the Performance Center and was suprised when it arrived with the fluted. His contact to Smith thru SWCA (Smith Collectors Association) revealed that during this run, the PC was low on non fluted cylinders and there are apparently 100 or so of these that the fluted cylinders were used (627 Pro?) to keep production flowing. All PC UDR features present, cut for moonclips, but fluted rather than non. I have not "lettered" this gun but I do trust the OP on the story. Yours to decide on.

Asking FIRM $800 FTF or $850 shipped. Prefer FTF sales and am giving BS members first shot on this. If no sale within the next 48 hours, over to S&W forum the post goes and it WILL sell there for the listed price. Thanks for looking and to they potential buyer, will you let me shoot it again sometime? :) Just a really nice and attractive weapon. Will be sorry to see it go but...welcome to 2011 I guess. First "I'll take it" to MY EMAIL at:
    magger357@yahoo.com gets the item. GUN IS SPF

100_2303.jpg

100_2305.jpg

100_2306.jpg

GUN IS SPF TO JDINDADELL

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Do you have the Ahrends stocks?

Since its cut, one MUST use moon clips, right?

Millet sights???? What happened to the issue sights?

FWIW, I'm interested... but...

No longer have the Ahrends. Will try to post some pics of the current grips. Ask Tulse about them if needed. I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased. :)

NOPE, moon clips are NOT required. Straight single rounds, speedloaders, or strips load just fine. It is cut for moons but in .357, imo, due to the diameter of the round itself, it's just waaaay too wobbly to get smooth loading with them. Especially with 8 rounds. Better to use speedloaders imo. Just my .02 on that.

"Millets" ARE the issue sights and go back a long way on PC revos. Front is a dovetail with a gigantic orange insert and the rear is the normal round tang WO rear Smith is using on PC guns these days. Sorry for the confusion but on SW forum, these are routinely referred to as a "Millett" front. Millett no longer makes or sells these so I'm not sure why it got into the common lingo but...it did.

Steve, think of that huge orange sight that Millett used to market, but put onto a dovetail base. That base then goes into a slot on the barrel top rib and voila. Hope that helps but if you go to the Smith site, you can do a 360 view of the non fluted version that will show you what I am yakking about. These have been standard front sights on PC revolvers going back a long time with the 686 comps, PC 65's, 66PC 3"s, etc. IIRC, they originally got them from Millett but not 100% on how that started. The SKU is 170133 under the Performance Center section.

Will try to get pics with the current grips on the gun later tonite but it does come with S&W logo'd fingergroove Hogues, which were an original standard on this gun. Smith then went for awhile to Eagle's (pictured on the Smith site), then back to Hogues, now back to Eagle woods. Welcome to bidding for parts. If you view images on Google, you'll see several "factory" grip variations.

Hope that helps but don't count on detail quality of my pics Fellas. Just ain't "in" my camera. Sorry.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Dam I missed it, email and pm, I'm going to have to start a Rolodex with all your numbers so I can get the heads up on I'll take it's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom