Springfields

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarronJ

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm not sure I love mine and would never trade it. Best shooting gun I own even with some low power reloads without changing the spring.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I think alot of people don't realize how long the grip is on the M model until they try to carry it. They are some fine shooting guns for sure. I know I had the 5.25 in 9mm and it was laser accurate. This seems like a very Glock friendly forum also which they make very fine pistols also. I know I've heard some people say the grip safety was a issue but I have not seen this myself even once. Mine have had a very sensitive grip safety that worked perfectly. Also I know there are some concerns over who makes them and quality of parts but honestly they seem pretty well made to me.

DumpsterJuice

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Why are there always Glocks for sale on this site? What about Rugers and Smiths?

I have the Loaded edition and couldn't be happier. I outfitted it with some dirty olive VZ grips, magwell extender and a 3.5 trigger job. Just turned 1k rounds without a hiccup. I feel the Loaded edition is the best "bang for
    the buck". With the few upgrades I performed, I tend to shoot it more then my Nighthawk.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i think op means as of late.

just coincidence man, youre reading to far into it.
    theres 2 sig 229's up right now at the same time. doesnt mean theres anything wrong with them.

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    Different strokes for different. I just didn't understand why there's a lot of Springfield X* models for sale. They seem like a good package of a case, holsters, lock and mags but, I've never shot one and have no opinion of them.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I think alot of people don't realize how long the grip is on the M model until they try to carry it. They are some fine shooting guns for sure. I know I had the 5.25 in 9mm and it was laser accurate. This seems like a very Glock friendly forum also which they make very fine pistols also. I know I've heard some people say the grip safety was a issue but I have not seen this myself even once. Mine have had a very sensitive grip safety that worked perfectly. Also I know there are some concerns over who makes them and quality of parts but honestly they seem pretty well made to me.

The first time I ever shot someone's XD was at Barney's in 2007 or so... Another shooter asked me to take a few shots with his gun because he felt the sights were off. I picked up the gun, aimed, pulled the trigger and nothing happened. He told me I didn't depress the grip safety correctly, and I retorted back with the fact that he saw me pick the gun up, and depress the grip safety with the web of my hand just prior to pulling the trigger. After setting the gun down and picking it back up again, I managed to get it to fire, and the sights were just fine. Sadly, that is the one thing that keeps me from buying an XD... That first negative experience of the gun not firing made me think long and hard about adopting one as a carry/defense gun.

That was even a factor when I picked up my .40 S&W M&P Shield yesterday. I was torn between that and the XD-S, but that grip safety, no fire issue still haunts me till this very day. Besides, the Shield has a better dry fire trigger pull to it than the XD-S did.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom