SR22 for Valentines Day?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Took the wife to Precision a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time I've taken her shooting since before we were married (in 1996). Yeah, I know... Anyway, she burned up several hundred rounds of 22 in my Ruger Mark II, and 30 or so of light 38spl in the GP100. She tried the G35 with my minor PF loads, but she didn't have the wrist strength to keep the gun feeding properly.

Anyway, she really enjoyed shooting the 22. So when we got home, I started looking for other types of 22 pistols. I found the Ruger SR22 ladies model. I showed her a picture, and since purple is her favorite color, she immediately wanted one. Of course, I told her no frikin way I was spending money on a gun she would probably use less than I use the Benelli SBE I have now that I no longer duck hunt.

The gun feels very nice and is smaller than I imagined it would be - about the size of what I think would be the mythical Glock single stack 9mm we all want to appear one day.

Long story short, here's her Valentine's Day present. I'll update everyone on whether or not this was a good idea come the evening of 02-14.

sr22.jpg

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Is it purple or blue? Looks blue to me. Maybe it's just the picture or whatever.

FTR I bought my first gun as a Valentine's Day present to myself haha.

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's actually "lilac" per the Ruger description (pains me to write that word in a gun forum...). Closer to purple than blue, though it does look more blue due to my poor iPhone photo skills and lighting in the outside workshop.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd go with she wants it but not for valentines. She's not a regular shooter so won't appreciate it. As a matter of fact I'd bet on it being the source of an argument every time guns come up. Make that a groundhog day present and get her something else for valentines...

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd go with she wants it but not for valentines. She's not a regular shooter so won't appreciate it. As a matter of fact I'd bet on it being the source of an argument every time guns come up. Make that a groundhog day present and get her something else for valentines...

We don't usually swap anything but cards or very small gifts for Valentine's Day, so I am expecting this to be a complete surprise. Yes, it's a risk. I know.

I do much better for our wedding anniversaries, and she got an awesome Apple laptop for Christmas. I *think* I am safe.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

+1

And make sure that something else sparkles.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    F it. Give her the gun. I bought my wife ammo one year and she was excited even though she isn't that big of a shooter. She said it was something that I enjoyed so it was like I was trying to find a hobby for the both of us to share...... Whatever the Hell that means :dunno:. I was just at the store picking up ammo for me and noticed they had 380 in stock but I went with it and it worked if you know what I'm saying! ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom