St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Calling GBundersea

GregT,
    I got my info from the same place you did. I have been to the outdoor range in St.B. Some of those guys might know.

GBundersea is a member here & would probably know something.

From what i understand an existing range is grandfathered in and a new range has to meet more stringent EPA requirements. That & the Hurricane were probably nails in the coffin.

Sounds like it was a nice place.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I was the webmaster for SBISC, and a longtime member. Last time I saw the building, it was vacant and for sale. (It was leased by the range, not owned.) I occasionally talk to the former manager, and have heard nothing about any plans to reopen.

It's a shame too, as it was indeed a very nice place to shoot. 4-time USPSA Open Division champion Max Michel grew up shooting there, and his dad, himself a USPSA Master shooter, worked there.

I leave the SBISC website up as a memorial.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    Damn, somewhere I heard a rumor a "huge" indoor range is being opened in or around Chalmette, and the only thing I could think of was someone was reopening this one.

I'll have to do some digging and see what I can find ...

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    I was the webmaster for SBISC, and a longtime member. Last time I saw the building, it was vacant and for sale. (It was leased by the range, not owned.) I occasionally talk to the former manager, and have heard nothing about any plans to reopen.

It's a shame too, as it was indeed a very nice place to shoot. 4-time USPSA Open Division champion Max Michel grew up shooting there, and his dad, himself a USPSA Master shooter, worked there.

I leave the SBISC website up as a memorial.

I shot quite a few of the friday night plate matches there. Greg, If you see Ray, tell him the Miculek's say hello.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I shot quite a few of the friday night plate matches there. Greg, If you see Ray, tell him the Miculek's say hello.

I'll definitely do that!

Though I'm embarrassed to say I never shot any of the plate matches (had just about gotten up the nerve when that bitch Katrina hit) I'm sure I'd know your face if I saw it. I remember your name from when I'd post the weekly scores to the website.

Damn I miss that place...

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    http://www.go-bio-la.com

THE BIO-DIESEL WORKSHOP...
    (crap snipped)

Spanky,

PLEASE come down hard on this spamming motherf*cker! The last thing we (or you) need is for a$$holes like this to clutter up the board and force you to individually validate every new member. Max Michel discontinued his excellent forum a couple of years ago for this very reason - dealing with forum spammers took up too much of his time.

On occasions when one of my sites was spammed badly, I viciously went after them. I contacted their host's abuse center, did Whois lookups on all related sites and posted abuse complaints with them as well, and kept a record so that when and if they spammed again, I'd have a history of past actions and former complaints. I also sent all spams to the FTC's abuse address.

I then let the spammer know, on the most personal email address I could find on them, exactly what I had done, and I openly CC'd all communications (especially the one to the spammer himself) to my attorney!

This method was surprisingly effective. I once even got an actual phone call apologizing profusely for the spams, and assuring me it would never happen again! :D

To help you nail this SOB, I already did some homework for you:

WHOIS lookup on go-bio-la.com:

Registrant:
    C.Oil,Inc
    3720 Jupiter Dr
    Chalmette, Louisiana 70043
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: GO-BIO-LA.COM
    Created on: 20-Jul-08
    Expires on: 20-Jul-09
    Last Updated on: 20-Jul-08

Administrative Contact:
    Hagood, Chandria c_oil_inc@yahoo.com
    C.Oil,Inc
    3720 Jupiter Dr
    United States
    (504) 231-9119 Fax --

Technical Contact:
    Hagood, Chandria c_oil_inc@yahoo.com
    C.Oil,Inc
    3720 Jupiter Dr
    United States
    (504) 231-9119 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

GoDaddy's spam policy page

This page states their spam policy, and this a-hole's posts on the forum are a clear violation of that policy! There is a link on the GoDaddy page which you can use to report spam, plus you can call them.

http://conferences.uno.edu/

This is the home page for the UNO facility at which this event is to take place. It has email links as well. You may want to let them know how this "event" is being promoted, which is something from which they might want to distance themselves.

spam@uce.gov

Address to which you should send spam.

Definitely follow through with this ASAP! It's fun, and can be rewarding! :mamoru:

Seriously though, by making an example of jerks like this, you can hopefully prevent this from becoming a constant problem.

With the information this guy has left available on himself, you have lots to work with, so it should be very easy. PM me if you want to see some of the past emails I'd sent in similar situations; they might save you some typing. I'm glad to help!

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I had already PM'ed the mods earlier.

My take is that is a good topic that some here might be interested in.

The way Biod chose to make it into spam scenario pissed me off also. It gave the members here no credit whatsoever that they could think for themselves and was a complete turn off.

If too many people make biodiesel at home you will not be able to get the waste oil anyway. just my speculation.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I completely agree. I am actually the "security admin" for ShamikaServer so if you'd like any hepp, just axe. :D We usually put the IP # in the profile along with any whois info and point out he's a spammer and leave it for the search bots to pickup. There are also several sites that collect that type of info.

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    i shot a few of the friday night steel plate matchs their when i was a kid like 12 in 1993 i won two matchs one in the d class and one in the c class Max Michel, Jr.
    was shooting their at that time and he was i think in like a class or maters

Top Bottom