stolen 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunoutfitters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Everyone reading this please keep eyes open,i had my Taurus 1911 45 acp stainless stolen in Alexandria at the corner of LEE and EAST TEXAS this saturday afternoon at 4pm,if anyone runs across a pistol like this please email me at cajunoutfitters@yahoo.com or report it to Alexandria PD,they have all the info.,thanks everyone

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    isnt it illegal (or at least not very smart) to leave in an unattended vehicle?

Yep. Poor guy he must not have had it in a lock box, guarded by a two headed dragon with some trip wires and a rigged explosive device. Sheesh how irresponsible and dumb.....

Hope you get the gun back man. Good luck.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yep. Poor guy he must not have had it in a lock box, guarded by a two headed dragon with some trip wires and a rigged explosive device. Sheesh how irresponsible and dumb.....

Hope you get the gun back man. Good luck.

He didn't even say if it was in a car

5vegas

Smoke em
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Metairie
    I could be mistaken, but it seems this is the third post recently where a gun or guns were stolen. Others asked questions with no response from the original poster.

Wtf do I know??? Just seems odd.

Hope u get 1911 back buddy

"sent from my phone using my fingers while drinking rum"

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I knew you were being sarcastic, I just didn't think we were at that point yet ya know? I don't think people need lockboxes, but I do think they should be as reasonable as possible. Example, if you normally leave your gun in your car overnight why not bring it in. If you're in a parking lot make SURE your doors are locked. I've asked a few LEO friends and the general agreement is that every vehicle broken into had locked doors, but the vast majority didn't have forced entry. It's like every petty their has a giant roll of keys to unlock all these car doors, OR......

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I knew you were being sarcastic, I just didn't think we were at that point yet ya know? I don't think people need lockboxes, but I do think they should be as reasonable as possible. Example, if you normally leave your gun in your car overnight why not bring it in. If you're in a parking lot make SURE your doors are locked. I've asked a few LEO friends and the general agreement is that every vehicle broken into had locked doors, but the vast majority didn't have forced entry. It's like every petty their has a giant roll of keys to unlock all these car doors, OR......

Yup. I would be hesitant to admit I left my doors unlocked if anything was stolen out of my vehicle. I know I'm a dumbshit at times, but it ain't nobody else's business! Nobody I have to look in the eyes at least.

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    It's like every petty their has a giant roll of keys to unlock all these car doors, OR......

I used to be a repoman. It would take me less than 30 sec to get into most vehicles, without damaging them, with some basic tools that are readily available. Locked doors are there to make you feel safe, not to keep somebody out that wants in. Don't keep anything in your vehicle that you don't want to lose.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

I was just being an ass. My ass is still red from all the dumb posts in the stolen ruger thread. responsible yes. Lock your doors, always. Bring it in at night, why the hell not?!? Now if he wasn't armed he hits your car first and guess what? He has a weapon to come into your house with now.
    If you have an older model vehicle they really are not hard to get into with the right tools... And by tools I mean you can fit them in a small zipper carry bag.
    I did some work for a local lock company a while back and literally he could unlock an vehicle up to like a 2007 with this one bag no larger than the range back I brought to Nate's class.
    If they have a pick in there then they can pick a "lock box" too. A skilled person.... You could add maybe another 30 seconds to their time. Oh you have a cable attachment? Small bolt cutters will fit in this same bag. Some people don't understand; they are like politicians really. Example: we need stricter guns laws do criminals cannot get those weapons, etc.
    Same thing, if they want something they will get it. For some the harder it is the more they enjoy it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I was just being an ass. My ass is still red from all the dumb posts in the stolen ruger thread. responsible yes. Lock your doors, always. Bring it in at night, why the hell not?!? Now if he wasn't armed he hits your car first and guess what? He has a weapon to come into your house with now.
    If you have an older model vehicle they really are not hard to get into with the right tools... And by tools I mean you can fit them in a small zipper carry bag.
    I did some work for a local lock company a while back and literally he could unlock an vehicle up to like a 2007 with this one bag no larger than the range back I brought to Nate's class.
    If they have a pick in there then they can pick a "lock box" too. A skilled person.... You could add maybe another 30 seconds to their time. Oh you have a cable attachment? Small bolt cutters will fit in this same bag. Some people don't understand; they are like politicians really. Example: we need stricter guns laws do criminals cannot get those weapons, etc.
    Same thing, if they want something they will get it. For some the harder it is the more they enjoy it.

I know Nick, were good. And you're absolutely right about unlocking cars. My personal favorite is a Ford Ranger, don't even need tools for that one, just unscrew the antenna and use it. My point is criminals are looking for something easy. They don't go out looking to break into cars so much as they look for something to steal and run into an easy victim. They walk down the street trying car door handles or side streets near bars looking for drunk and clueless. They are opportunistic and while you can't stop every attempt every time, making yourself a harder target through simple steps puts you well ahead of the game. If you(obviously not you specifically) want to be a gun owner, you should be a responsible one, and unfortunately I've seen a lot of irresponsible things being done.

The worst example recently was a guy leaving his truck in his driveway with his door open, with a gun in the door. He was moving into his house, so I was there, along with a crew of about half a dozen movers, charter cable, and a few guys doing electrical work. Stuff like this is wildly irresponsible, border line negligent, and not that uncommon.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    It would take me less than 30 sec to get into most vehicles, without damaging them, with some basic tools that are readily available.

+1

My point here is to REMIND people that it is NOT hard to get locked doors open, undetected.

Last edited:

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I bought a "Bulldog Vault" at Cabela's.
    My first concern was the thinness of the "security" cable.
    I figured it would at least slow a thief down.
    When I got it home, I realized that you can just pull the damn thing open.
    Talk about a false sense of security. I'll be returning it.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    This might slow em down. :rofl:
    glock_10.jpg

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

I can beat all their times with my tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom