Stricter Gun Laws.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA

Not any more reassuring news. Like I have said. They will be banned and it will happen sooner than later. After that it will be another type of gun and another and another....

Just one or two more punks commit a mass shooting with an AR and it is all over.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    nra sucks at supporting it, where and how do we as gun owners stop this? I educate when able and when it will be received.
    Just two times this week on social media I had to correct folks on the buy online and get it at your home false information and going to another state to buy a gun to take home false information.
    We cannot compete with the narrative and mainstream tv shows who are masters at putting this in the brains of these soccer moms ..

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Not any more reassuring news. Like I have said. They will be banned and it will happen sooner than later. After that it will be another type of gun and another and another....

Just one or two more punks commit a mass shooting with an AR and it is all over.
    Anything in common use won’t be banned it’s already been stated on the Supreme Court level. That would be AR’s, 9mm handguns and so on.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    nra sucks at supporting it, where and how do we as gun owners stop this? I educate when able and when it will be received.
    Just two times this week on social media I had to correct folks on the buy online and get it at your home false information and going to another state to buy a gun to take home false information.
    We cannot compete with the narrative and mainstream tv shows who are masters at putting this in the brains of these soccer moms ..
    I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people claiming you can get guns shipped to your house as an average citizen without an FFL, people convicted of domestic abuse shouldn’t be able to own guns, felons convicted of violence shouldn’t be able to own guns and so on. It’s crazy how many people are misinformed

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people claiming you can get guns shipped to your house as an average citizen without an FFL, people convicted of domestic abuse shouldn’t be able to own guns, felons convicted of violence shouldn’t be able to own guns and so on. It’s crazy how many people are misinformed
    Yes, the days are long gone when you could order a gun from a catalog.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    All these proposed gun prohibitions and no mention of teen suicide prevention, addressing cyber bullying, keeping violent offenders incarcerated, actually prosecuting criminal use/possession of firearms, parental monitoring of internet use/social media or other issues that will actually prevent deaths from firearms.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Yes, the days are long gone when you could order a gun from a catalog.
    Well I think you technically can get a gun shipped to your house with not FFL. It has to be made before 1900. There was this guy on and Alaska realty show who was a convicted felony. Ordered himself a Mosin Nagant made before 1900. Shipped to his house and did not violate felony laws. It was what he used to hunt with. Now these guns are few and far between and good luck fining ammo.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Well I think you technically can get a gun shipped to your house with not FFL. It has to be made before 1900. There was this guy on and Alaska realty show who was a convicted felony. Ordered himself a Mosin Nagant made before 1900. Shipped to his house and did not violate felony laws. It was what he used to hunt with. Now these guns are few and far between and good luck fining ammo.
    Wouldn’t you still need a C&R license?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anything in common use won’t be banned it’s already been stated on the Supreme Court level. That would be AR’s, 9mm handguns and so on.
    Man you have a lot of faith in SCOTUS. I take everything they say with a grain of salt and a pound of scrutiny. They are attacking the 2nd amendment from all angles tho. They’ve banned certain ammo, they’ll tax the ever living crap out of it too, and anything else Gun related. They’ll ban magazines, stop internet sales, selling of parts, they’ll try to license shooters. Anything they can do to make owning a firearm a PITA, they will do. So many people were hoping the ATF would grandfather in pistol braces AR’s and call them SBR’s and just REGISTER them and give you a tax stamp break… I just cringed. They never do anything to make it easier or better to be a gun owner. I had a 1960’s collection of gun mags and reading them was eye opening. There seems to have been just as much gun grabbing back then as we have now.
    I don’t trust any government entity at this point. They don’t work for us anymore.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You would not need a C&R license since these aren't considered to be firearms at all: https://www.empirearms.com/pre-1899.htm
    Specifically in Louisiana I thought anything that fires a projectile is considered a firearm. Most places you can buy a black powder gun and have it shipped to your house because it’s not a firearm. I remember a thread here stating Louisiana law was anything that fires a projectile is considered a firearm. Maybe it was specifically New Orleans? I remember this thread coming up here not too long ago.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If I remember correctly, things like black powder rifles/pistols, and bows are considered "primitive weapons" therefore by definition not firearms. No background check needed, and can be shipped to your home. Hell, a BB/Pellet rifle "shoots a projectile" but is not considered a firearm. I'm thinking the "just New Orleans" part of thinking may be correct.

Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Specifically in Louisiana I thought anything that fires a projectile is considered a firearm. Most places you can buy a black powder gun and have it shipped to your house because it’s not a firearm. I remember a thread here stating Louisiana law was anything that fires a projectile is considered a firearm. Maybe it was specifically New Orleans? I remember this thread coming up here not too long ago.
    You might be thinking of La. Revised Statute 14:95.1, Louisiana's prohibition on felons possessing firearms and concealed weapons. For the purposes of this law, Section D defines the term "firearm" to include blackpowder guns and pretty much anything that uses cartridge ammo, antique or not.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

Polls are BS. They oversample Democrap “voters”. Just like Trump was going to get smoked by Hillary by more than 10 points

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom