Suarez International-Terrorist/Active Shooter Interdiction

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtcur3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thibodaux, LA
    Suarez International-Terrorist/Active Shooter Interdiction

My son and I traveled to Katy Texas three weeks ago to train with Gabe Suarez. This was our second class with Gabe and we were not disappointed.

Some of the topics covered:

A detailed discussion and dissection of the most recent terrorist/active shooter events. There were several professional warriors in the class who added greatly to the discussion. Excerpts from terrorist training DVDs recently acquired from the war zones were eye opening. Our enemies are training too. We recognized some of the same drills that we use for team tactics etc.

Handgun from 3 yards to 100 yards.
    We had rain most of the night on Saturday and range conditions on Sunday prevented us from going out to 200 yards. As an instructor I especially appreciated Gabe hammering home the fundamentals as well as coaching students in effective ways of teaching these essential skills themselves.

The AK
    Suarez is one of the top instructors with this weapon. This was not a AK class, but a concise discussion and demo were given to introduce the weapon.

Knife and empty hand
    The knife and empty hands modules were one of the primary reasons we decided to take this class. These modules consisted of simple, brutally effective, killing techniques.

FOF
    The most eye opening for us were the last half a day spent running 26 man force on force scenarios. In keeping with the theme we ran all but one evolution as a crowd type scenario. The majority of the students role played the crowd while one to five students played bad guys and one to three played good guys. Once again if you have not participated in combat, or are not participating in quality FOF training, you may well be living in a fantasy world. The mechanics of shooting are not rocket science and can be acquired with a modicum of instruction and self effort. The dynamics of tactics and fighting on the other hand, are where most “gun guys” may be lacking.

Of special interest to my son and me, were the pastors and church going Christian men we met. We are encouraged by the increased number of Christians who are seriously preparing to defend themselves, their families as well as their congregations.

This review is by no means exhaustive. It is meant only to call your attention to another quality trainer. Check out Suarez International at http://www.suarezinternational.com

Best regards,
    Bill Hickman
    www.hickmangrouptraining.com

Top Bottom