SWFA Super Sniper opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    I have a fixed 10x Super Sniper. Here are my thoughts:
    - Solid scope that you can confidently mount on any rifle
    - It is a bit heavy
    - Performance is average
    - Design & tech are a couple decades old

15 years ago, it was the right choice for my 600 yard F-class rifle. If I were buying today, it likely would not make my short list.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Have two of the SS 10x42. Obviously like them. Both are currently mounted on M1A/M14-type rifles

IMG_2983.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Have two of the SS 10x42. Obviously like them. Both are currently mounted on M1A/M14-type rifles

View attachment 115643View attachment 115644
    Sorry to hijack, but what scope mount are you using on your M1A's? I'm looking at Trijicon's right now for a build based on a Husqvarna Mauser. Either Accupoint or Huron, but they're variables..

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Sorry to hijack, but what scope mount are you using on your M1A's? I'm looking at Trijicon's right now for a build based on a Husqvarna Mauser. Either Accupoint or Huron, but they're variables..
    I have one scope mounted on a Springfield Armory Gen 3 mount, and the other on a Bassett Low Picatinny. Tried the Bassett High Picatinny but that placed the scope higher (even with low rings) than I was comfortable with. Before the Bassett I was using a PVS-4 night vision mount and an ACOG on one of the rifles. Traded the ACOG for a pistol and went back to the SS 10x42.

DSC_0177.JPG

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have one scope mounted on a Springfield Armory Gen 3 mount, and the other on a Bassett Low Picatinny. Tried the Bassett High Picatinny but that placed the scope higher (even with low rings) than I was comfortable with. Before the Bassett I was using a PVS-4 night vision mount and an ACOG on one of the rifles. Traded the ACOG for a pistol and went back to the SS 10x42.

View attachment 115682
    Thanks. I have a Basset low mount in the drawer. Just haven't made up my mind to put a scope on the rifle, but my eyes are telling me it may be time.

Top Bottom