Talking to the police after a shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    No, not the police, the DA. It has happened before, usually during an election cycle and usually in less gun friendly states. What happens is they try to make the shooter out to be an irresponsible "Rambo" vigilante or some such bull. Could be as petty as "discharging a firearm in public" or some such nonsense. A good lawyer is the best money you will ever spend in these cases.

2 year
    That makes sence.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes. It consisted of about 80% watching NRA videos, 2% verbal instruction, 10% waiting for the instructor to return to class because he wasn't present all day (had the employee change videos), and the rest completing forms and finger prints. Really was a bad class.

Gotcha. AT least you know it was a bad class.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Gotcha. AT least you know it was a bad class.

Just to put it in a nice way LOL :D, I was just glad to know 2 instructors in my area are no longer aprooved, its bad when you hear this kind of horror stories of guys just giving you a certificate 2hrs after you watched videos.

Hopefully the training matrix changes in a near future so things like this wont happen again.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Just to put it in a nice way LOL :D, I was just glad to know 2 instructors in my area are no longer aprooved, its bad when you hear this kind of horror stories of guys just giving you a certificate 2hrs after you watched videos.

Hopefully the training matrix changes in a near future so things like this wont happen again.

We shall find out Monday. I heard the same thing from a student last week. 4 hours of videos and then have a nice day. i wonder what these guys think is going to happen when a student of theirs has to use lethal force and their course curriculum is subpoenaed.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Talking to police . . .

A friend related an incident during a traffic stop. He thought the town police officer was being unnecessarily CS and told him he intended to file harassment charges. The LEO responded with a charge of intimidating a law officer.

This was a small town, obviously revenue producing, stop, but that seemed to me a bit over the edge.

I realize stories like this may not include all the pertinent info, and there may be exaggerations, but charging a person with intimidation for suggesting he was being harassed?

Any feedback?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    A friend related an incident during a traffic stop. He thought the town police officer was being unnecessarily CS and told him he intended to file harassment charges. The LEO responded with a charge of intimidating a law officer.

This was a small town, obviously revenue producing, stop, but that seemed to me a bit over the edge.

I realize stories like this may not include all the pertinent info, and there may be exaggerations, but charging a person with intimidation for suggesting he was being harassed?

Any feedback?

Sounds like you do not have enough info. I have done the same, but like this story, there was more to it.

§ 122. Public intimidation and retaliation
    A. Public intimidation is the use of violence, force, or threats upon any of the following persons, with the intent to influence his conduct in relation to his position, employment, or duty:
    (1) Public officer or public employee.
    (2) Grand or petit juror.
    (3) Witness, or person about to be called as a witness upon a trial or other proceeding before any court, board or officer authorized to hear evidence or to take testimony.
    (4) Voter or election official at any general, primary, or special election.
    (5) School bus operator.
    B. Retaliation against an elected official is the use of violence, force, or threats upon a person who is elected to public office, where:
    (1) The violence, force, or threat is related to the duties of the elected official.
    (2) Is in retaliation or retribution for actions taken by the elected official as part of his official duties.
    C. Whoever commits the crime of public intimidation or retaliation against an elected official shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than five years, or both.
    Amended by Acts 1979, No. 479, §1; Acts 2003, No. 1089, §2.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Yes. It consisted of about 80% watching NRA videos, 2% verbal instruction, 10% waiting for the instructor to return to class because he wasn't present all day (had the employee change videos), and the rest completing forms and finger prints. Really was a bad class.

I'd say this is germane to the "Guns in Church" thread.

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    I've always planned on not saying anything beyond 'I want my lawyer', but...

http://www.warriortalknews.com/2010/07/afteraction-discourse-what-to-say-to-the-cops.html

Yea you would really want to say a bit more than "I want my lawyer".

If you shoot someone,justifiable or not,and I arrive on a scene and I got one shot and the shooter is only telling me "I want my lawyer" my response is going to be "Ok,you'll be needing one because your under arrest".

Follow the advice given on the self-defense site you gave a link to is a good way to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom