Target shooting location

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Rifle ranges don't work. You shoot a handful of arrows then wait 20 minutes to go get them... I was looking more for a good field with short grass where we won't loose too many arrows. Maybe a backstop even...

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Doubt your willing to travel but BREC has an archery field in Baton Rouge off Highland Rd with 10 yard all the way up to 70 yard targets.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The range in Thibodeaux has pistol bays with archery added to them. Some are high to simulate shooting from a tree stand. I've been once & it was first class. I intend to join at some point when I will actually utilize it.
    Later,
    RDO

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/

Our beautiful new facility boasts a 300 yard rifle range with 30 covered concrete shooting benches, 12 pistol bays, an elevated archery bay and a, one of a kind, 2-level 5 man sporting clay installation.

We host a number of shooting competitions including; Practical Pistol matches, IPSC matches, Steel Plate matches, Cowboy Action shoots, I.C.O.R.E. Revolver matches and Sporting Clays for competitors from novice to master class.

Rifle Range & Pistol Bays are open Tuesday - Saturday 8:00-5:30, Sunday 9:00 - 5:30

5 Man/ Sporting Clay Deck is open:
    Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 - 7:00
    Sunday 9:00 - 5:30

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Doubt your willing to travel but BREC has an archery field in Baton Rouge off Highland Rd with 10 yard all the way up to 70 yard targets.

I used to race at the Velodrome over on Highland. Is that range free or is there a fee. I don't have a bow but know a few guys & will let them know about it. That type of thing is a use it or loose it deal. Tonight my brother invited me to go with him to pick up some arrows. I was thinking better not, I'll end up with a bow.
    Later,
    RDO

bowhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    the range on highland is free, all it is hay bales set at different yardage so you can go pin up a plate and shoot away!

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I used to race at the Velodrome over on Highland. Is that range free or is there a fee. I don't have a bow but know a few guys & will let them know about it. That type of thing is a use it or loose it deal.

Velodrome is on Perkins Rd. The Highland Rd Park is just 2 or 3 miles away from the Highland Rd exit @ I-10 heading towards LSU.

It's free to use. So long as there's day light. Last Sunday I brought my 3d Buck Target and set him up at 30 yards and 50 yards, and let's just say this.... If there's a buck 50 yards from me... I'm eating deer that night. :cool:

Unassociated with this site, and not to take away from Spanky's clientele, I'm trying to advance the sport of Archery by building a community like Bayou Shooter. Coincidentally but unintentionally named bayouarchery.com ;)

Tonight my brother invited me to go with him to pick up some arrows. I was thinking better not, I'll end up with a bow.
    Later,
    RDO

I ended up with a bow last weekend... droped just shy of $800 on the whole setup :wtc:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Thanks Stucky,
    It has been I while since I went there. like 2 decades. I must have went down Highland to get to Perkins - I'll check a map. I wonder if they still use it for bicycles. 15+ guys on bikes with no brakes & high banking was fun.

I'll let some archers know about your site. Archery & black powder is another way to get in the woods & get started. My neighbor was talking about looking into bows also.

Later,
    RDO

chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    there is a small outdoors/hunting place in pearl river, with an indoor archery range. it is right off i-59 just before the river. Its called louisiana outdoors, no website that i know of but if you're headed that way, might want to check it out.

Top Bottom