Tased ATF Agent

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    This is fairly old (occurred July 7, 2020, reported around Dec 10, 2020, bodycam footage released around August 11, 2022) but I only just became aware of it. I found it cathartic, and wanted to share in case others do as well.
    Bodycam:

News Report:
    https://www.dispatch.com/story/news...s-police-officers-excessive-force/6505667002/

Apparently this guy was also previously charged with theft of wine at a Kroger.

He's apparently still with the ATF. Not sure what became of the theft charge.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    Old news and Breitbart News just a notch above National Enquirer. I would guess they post it to feed the paranoid tinfoil hat wearing members of the public.
    This is a copy of the lawsuit filed from the incident. I would guess they probably just settled.
    You say that like it being a Breitbart link somehow spins or obfuscates the incident. I linked bodycam footage, not an opinion piece. The hosted platform has no bearing on anything, despite your apparent negative fixation on and bashing of it.

Last edited:

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    You say that like it being a Breitbart link somehow spins or obfuscates the incident. I linked bodycam footage, not an opinion piece. The hosted platform has no bearing on anything, despite your apparent negative fixation on and bashing of it.
    Hardly a fixation, just an opinion and my opinion is that it's yellow journalism.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    The department gets sued, not the individual officers.
    Not a lawyer, so maybe I'm missing something, but the officers are the named defendants, not the PD itself. There is still a civil suit for the city itself, but again the officers can claim qualified immunity and will almost assuredly get it considering precedent.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Old news and Breitbart News just a notch above National Enquirer. I would guess they post it to feed the paranoid tinfoil hat wearing members of the public.
    This is a copy of the lawsuit filed from the incident. I would guess they probably just settled.
    Completely disagree with your poor description of Breitbart. You obviously know very little about that source or who it’s named for.

Top Bottom