Tased ATF Agent

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    This is fairly old (occurred July 7, 2020, reported around Dec 10, 2020, bodycam footage released around August 11, 2022) but I only just became aware of it. I found it cathartic, and wanted to share in case others do as well.
    Bodycam:

News Report:
    https://www.dispatch.com/story/news...s-police-officers-excessive-force/6505667002/

Apparently this guy was also previously charged with theft of wine at a Kroger.

He's apparently still with the ATF. Not sure what became of the theft charge.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    Old news and Breitbart News just a notch above National Enquirer. I would guess they post it to feed the paranoid tinfoil hat wearing members of the public.
    This is a copy of the lawsuit filed from the incident. I would guess they probably just settled.
    You say that like it being a Breitbart link somehow spins or obfuscates the incident. I linked bodycam footage, not an opinion piece. The hosted platform has no bearing on anything, despite your apparent negative fixation on and bashing of it.

Last edited:

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    You say that like it being a Breitbart link somehow spins or obfuscates the incident. I linked bodycam footage, not an opinion piece. The hosted platform has no bearing on anything, despite your apparent negative fixation on and bashing of it.
    Hardly a fixation, just an opinion and my opinion is that it's yellow journalism.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    The department gets sued, not the individual officers.
    Not a lawyer, so maybe I'm missing something, but the officers are the named defendants, not the PD itself. There is still a civil suit for the city itself, but again the officers can claim qualified immunity and will almost assuredly get it considering precedent.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Old news and Breitbart News just a notch above National Enquirer. I would guess they post it to feed the paranoid tinfoil hat wearing members of the public.
    This is a copy of the lawsuit filed from the incident. I would guess they probably just settled.
    Completely disagree with your poor description of Breitbart. You obviously know very little about that source or who it’s named for.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom