Taxes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    A new online calculator (not 100% accurate) can estimate the amount of taxes you would pay if Obama or McCain were elected. So far, the rhetoric of being taxed to death should Obama prevail doesn't look realistic. The McCain and Obama tax measure are fairly similar. Obama does increase taxes for people who make over 250k, but even that amount isn't too much greater than what we already pay. That being said, McCain doesn't decrease taxes to the point of it being more than negligible contrary to what the GOP seems to make people believe.

http://www.electiontaxes.com/

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It ain't just about taxes , old buddy . Go to his website and look at the bazillions in spending on all kinds of proposed goverment programs , etc . His solution to EVERYTHING is to throw money at it .

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    what's not revealed is the tax increases or increases in the national debt as a result of his programs that we'd be forced to support (financially).

bottom line tax figures mean nothing to me. Personally I look at it like this: each American owes about $32,000 of the national debt, lets put that on a 30 year note so I can start paying off my share and in the mean time avoid letting it get any larger.... (no, I'm not rich, but it's not gonna go away by itself)

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Wait, so the threat of Obama raising taxes ISN'T a big deal, why was it debated in other threads?? Also, that's the same 'solution' to the GOP. They throw tons of money at everything. Heck, look at Iraq. Billions spent with billions more to spend. Did it matter that 9 BILLION in aide is unaccounted for? Nope. What about the 12 BILLION in cash that the Pentagon flew into Iraq straight from Federal Reserve vaults via military transports which is unaccounted for?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Once again , you are incapable of defending Obama without invoking the Republicans in some way . " Well , the GOP does it too " is pretty weak .

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Once again , you are incapable of defending Obama without invoking the Republicans in some way . " Well , the GOP does it too " is pretty weak .

What? Ok, here you go:

McCain's supposed lowering of taxes isn't as great as he says it is. As a matter of fact, it isn't much of a change from what we have today.

Sorry, I didn't have your script. As you note, I didn't invoke Obama's name...

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    What? Ok, here you go:

McCain's supposed lowering of taxes isn't as great as he says it is. As a matter of fact, it isn't much of a change from what we have today.

Sorry, I didn't have your script. As you note, I didn't invoke Obama's name...

Eh , I think you missed my point . Whatever . I'm just really not into this argument . :D

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    why do you keep posting? how many times do i have to tell you NO PRESIDENT CAN LEVY TAXES, or for that matter REDUCE them. please penguin, can you teach me how that will happen? how the president does such things.

i would appreciate it if you take away the prophets super powers and only allow him to use his mortal powers.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    This calculator states: "ElectionTaxes estimates of future taxes under current law numbers are based on law that is in place in September 2008. However, many (most?) commentators believe that Congress would not allow the tax increases that are scheduled to occur at the end of 2010 to become effective."

Yeah. Right. Congress won't allow that trough to reopen. Sure. :boink:

In other words, this model ignores Obama's intention to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, meaning a HUGE tax increase would occur.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Wow i get a 700 dollar tax break.

While my boss will have to pay more.. sounds like he will be cutting the payroll then.

Obama Schmobama

Vote change, and thats all you will have in the bank. :o lol

Then you can jump on the .gov tit and let daddy Obama provide along with the rest of the welfare slugs.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    my dad left my family when I was 3. My mother had to work 3 jobs to support 2 kids. She then went back to school to better herself. We were on welfare for a short while when she worked, went to school and raised 2 kids. I grew up with the knowledge that our government can be there to help people when they needed it. I went to college on a Pell grant and scholarship. I'm grateful for when my country helped my family out. Do I believe in being taxed so that I can possibly help out some kid whose family has run on hard times? To the senior in high school whowants to go to college but doesn't have a way to pay for it all? Yes, I do. Do I believe that the support should never end or not have qualifiers to get it? No.

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    My ex left when our son was 5 and no ones done **** for us. Every thing I buy is paid in cash I dont mind helping people out but I do mind getting rape on my taxes no matter if it is the Rep or Dem side doing it.
    Keith

Top Bottom