Tell me about this snubbie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Tell me about this snubbie. I recently inheirited it from my mother. Her new husband is a major Anti, and she didn't feel like pressing the issue.
    Anyway, all I know is that its a Smith .38. What model exactly is it? Is it safe to shoot +P with? Anything else I need to know? I'm not very experienced with wheelguns, but maybe this will be the start of a new passion...

2176116359_424a9b26f4.jpg

2176921214_5aa1f10883.jpg
    [/

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It says Mod 10-7 in the cut out. I assume that means its a Model 10. Does that change anything?

ETA Big N is on the cyclinder, so its definitely a Model 10...

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Tell your mom to hide the gun in the bottom of her purse and dont tell him.He may thank her one day.And no lady should ever give up her purse gun. Its funny how Most vic's are anti gun.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Tell your mom to hide the gun in the bottom of her purse and dont tell him.He may thank her one day.And no lady should ever give up her purse gun. Its funny how Most vic's are anti gun.
    I would agree, but I don't think my Mom could do it. She is so afraid of the consequences, she would freeze up, the BG would see she didn't have it in her, and he'd take the gun from her and well we all know where that goes. I explained to her about castle doctrine, and showed her the statutes, but she remains unconvinced. I just don't think she could bring herself to do it quickly enough without hesitating and making the situation much worse...
    My Mom is MUCH more afraid of being judged by 12 than carried by 6. Weird, I know. But its who she is...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Forget showing her the statutes, take her to the range, and the new step-dad, too. My mother was completely afraid of guns, made my step-dad get rid of a war trophy Luger from his father, and was terrified when I brought guns into the house after my dad passed (my step-mother had the same "I couldn't possibly shoot someone" deal, despite being raised by a gun collector and shooter who has his own range on 68 acres in MS). All that changed when I took her to the range and taught her. Now my mom is completely confident in her ability to defend herself if the need arises, and regularly totes the .38 I bought her in the car when she travels. I'm making arrangements for her, my wife, and my mother-in-law to all take a CCW class. You might turn an "anti" into a "pro", and have peace of mind for your mother's safety. At least give it a try, put out the invite. You never know...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I rarely leave home without my S&W, only time I dont have it is if I have the G26. I have some rubber-type grips on mine, its not pleasant to shoot but a bit more bearable than wood.

as far as +P I defer to LSP, if yours is similar to what he said about mine, it is safe to shoot but dont use it for practice, just for defense. It can cause unnecessary wear on the gun. I have a box of .38 +P FMJ target rounds I'm not supposed to shoot out of it just sitting around.

Top Bottom