Temptation.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyb

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Maybe I'm stronger than I thought I was.

There don't seem to be any leftist wackos on this list, so I'll post this little tale.

I have an English Mastiff. He's a truly fabulous family pet, but he's bigger than some small horses. He also HATES cats.

Guess what people in our neighborhood do. They let their stinking cats run loose. What's worse, these cats taunt my Mastiff. He's literally jerked me off my feet trying to get at them. This is no small feat. Svelt I ain't.

Here I am, shooting at some 1" stickers at 20 yards yesterday evening, when who should show up to observe my practice session? The ring-leader of "del gatos locos". There he sits, watching me shoot, at about 35 degrees from my target. He's right at the base of my backstop.

I can put a shaft in his vitals at that distance. No problem there. Why didn't I? It's a 70 degree evening and everybody and their kids are taking an evening 'constitutional' around the neighborhood. Too many witnesses.

Actually, what saved this animal's sorry hide was the knowledge that it belongs to a sweet little girl who's always polite and loves to pet our big, slobbery puppy.

I'm getting soft in my old age.

brianb

P.S. Forgive the 'blog' here. I thought this might strike a chord with some of my fellow archers.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    That, and it's just plain ass dumb to go around shooting family pets. What's the worst thing that cat is going to do? **** off your Mastiff? Eat a flower? I'm not saying it's right to let their cats run loose, but it's a bit insane to then go the answer to it is to then kill the cat.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    That, and it's just plain ass dumb to go around shooting family pets. What's the worst thing that cat is going to do? **** off your Mastiff? Eat a flower? I'm not saying it's right to let their cats run loose, but it's a bit insane to then go the answer to it is to then kill the cat.

word

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    When the neighborhood cats scratch your 50K humvee... Ppl tend to get pissed.

I loved Bob Barker for his saying at the end of every price is right. I love pets, I dont love their owners. Pets will do what their master lets them do... Thus leading to unruly pets.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    A car is a car is a car. Go bitch at a neighbor and have them pay for the damages. Or, if it's that bad, but a car cover. Sure, you're having to do something because your neighbor won't take care of its animals - but what if your neighbor hates your dogs 'scary' looks it gives her kid? Does that then give her the right to kill your dog?

Bryan

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2007
    Hammond, LA
    You can't blame the animals. They don't know any better. It's the owners who are at fault.

I have a neighbor across the street that lets their lab roam free 24/7. The dog craps in my yard at least twice a week. I don't want to harm the dog, because it is doing what comes natural. I just grab my shovel and dump the pile in the middle of their driveway. I especially love it when they run over it with car and smear it into the concrete. That always makes me chuckle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom