Terrorist Attack planned in Canada.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    By Charmaine Noronha
    Associated Press

TORONTO — Two men were arrested and charged with plotting a terrorist attack against a Canadian passenger train with support from al-Qaida, police said Monday.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Monday that Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser, who live in Montreal and Toronto areas, were conspiring to carry out an attack against Via Rail, but posed no immediate threat.

"It was definitely in the planning stage but not imminent," RCMP chief superintendent Jennifer Strachan told reporters.

Charges against the two men include conspiring to carry out an attack and murder people in association with a terrorist group. Police said the men are not Canadian citizens, but declined to say where they were from. Police said the men had "direction and guidance" from members of al-Qaida.

The investigation was part of a cross-border operation involving Canadian law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

There is no connection between the Canadian terrorist plot and the Boston Marathon bombings, said a U.S. Justice Department official in Washington, speaking on condition of anonymity because the source was not permitted to speak on the record about the matter.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    There is no connection between the Canadian terrorist plot and the Boston Marathon bombings, said a U.S. Justice Department official in Washington

Really? Was this plan the work of a Radical Catholic wing of al-Qaida?
    confused0077.gif

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    By Charmaine Noronha
    Associated Press

TORONTO — Two men were arrested and charged with plotting a terrorist attack against a Canadian passenger train with support from al-Qaida, police said Monday.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Monday that Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser, who live in Montreal and Toronto areas, were conspiring to carry out an attack against Via Rail, but posed no immediate threat.

"It was definitely in the planning stage but not imminent," RCMP chief superintendent Jennifer Strachan told reporters.

Charges against the two men include conspiring to carry out an attack and murder people in association with a terrorist group. Police said the men are not Canadian citizens, but declined to say where they were from. Police said the men had "direction and guidance" from members of al-Qaida.

The investigation was part of a cross-border operation involving Canadian law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

There is no connection between the Canadian terrorist plot and the Boston Marathon bombings, said a U.S. Justice Department official in Washington, speaking on condition of anonymity because the source was not permitted to speak on the record about the matter.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press

Hmmm. anyone else seeing a pattern here? I wonder which branch of the Tea Party they belong to? Lol!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    It blows my mind that these people wind up getting caught so frequently before they do the deed. I can recall several instances where the FBI went fishing and came up with some pieces of **** trying to plan an attack.

I can see it on Facebook now..

Mohammed #1 "How did he only got three infidels?"
    Mohammed #2 "They weren't even wearing the bomb when it went off. :doh:"
    Mohammed #1 "Are you serious? You can't get any virgins that way."
    Mohammed #2 "We are totally going blow this **** out of that bus... Allah Akbar!"

Or was it a Craigslist ad well hidden in the "Casual Encounters" Man4Goat section.

"Homesick, looking for explosive good time

I am a simple Jihadist, who misses the great Islamic life I once had back home. Those were the Golden times, watching your nephew graduate from school into a suicide vest, executing women who dishonored their husbands by getting themselves raped, killing gays... Ah the list can go on forever. Anyway Mohammed and I would enjoy some "hypothetical" dialog on bomb making, remember you must be as interested in "hypothetical" bombing as we are.

Sincerely,
    Mohammed.

PS. Don't forget to bring the Goat."

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    No, I think Al-Qaida was just not letting a good crisis go to waste!

I heard on fox radio that the train was headed to the US. They weren't going to do anything in Canada. Its sad when we have Canada busting terrorists for us (not picking at the Canadians- I was one for a bit!) . I guess it could be worse, it could have been the French!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I haven't seen any ties to Al-Qaida in regards to the Boston punk. Has there been talk of it?

Me neither. But what is the common denominator between the two parties?

Too much splitting of hairs going on here for my taste. :dunno:

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If he wasn't Al Qaeda, then there's no damned reason to say he is.

Toe-MAY-toe, Toe-MAH-toe. :rolleyes:

I'll put it another way. I seldom- IF EVER- agree with anything Bill Maher has to say. But I believe it says a lot when even he can recognize the problem we have on our hands.

It is what it is. This isn't mere speculation on my part- this is fact.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/did_bill_maher_just_trump_bush_on_islam.html

But as always- this is just my opinion. Nobody has to agree with me- because I sure as hell do not have all the answers.

I only recognize that there is a serious problem. :)

And remember:

922705_10151381114956074_1233071107_n.jpg

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Not all muslims are Al Qaeda, dude. I don't think you understand what you're talking about.

I'm not making a case for there being 'innocent' Muslims, though I do believe there are. I think Christianity and Islam are pretty ****in' comparable, though the Christian nations are more civilized right now, and so they keep the extremists down, from doing what they'd /like/ to be doing, as opposed to /some/ of the Islamic dominant countries who can't control ****.

Anyways, Al Qaeda is a specific group of Islamic terrorists. It's like saying all Communists are Cubans. It's putting the cart before the horse in hierarchy and makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, Cubans are communist. More specifically, Cuba has a communist government, but not splitting hairs, you can't say that all communists are Cubans because there are communists elsewhere with nothing to do with Cuba. There are Islamic terrorist dickholes with no affiliation with Al Qaeda just the same.

I haven't seen anyone reliable say he's in Al Qaeda... it's not impossible that he is, just that it's not been said yet. So it's dumb to say he is/was.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not all muslims are Al Qaeda, dude. I don't think you understand what you're talking about.

I'm not making a case for there being 'innocent' Muslims, though I do believe there are. I think Christianity and Islam are pretty ****in' comparable, though the Christian nations are more civilized right now, and so they keep the extremists down, from doing what they'd /like/ to be doing, as opposed to /some/ of the Islamic dominant countries who can't control ****.

Anyways, Al Qaeda is a specific group of Islamic terrorists. It's like saying all Communists are Cubans. It's putting the cart before the horse in hierarchy and makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, Cubans are communist. More specifically, Cuba has a communist government, but not splitting hairs, you can't say that all communists are Cubans because there are communists elsewhere with nothing to do with Cuba. There are Islamic terrorist dickholes with no affiliation with Al Qaeda just the same.

I haven't seen anyone reliable say he's in Al Qaeda... it's not impossible that he is, just that it's not been said yet. So it's dumb to say he is/was.

Come on, man. I understand that not all Muslims are terrorists, J. And that not all are "members of AQ".

Really- I get that. :dogkeke:

But my initial point was that I believe it's wrong to claim there was "no connection" between these two circumstances- because there was. Both were inspired by radical Islam, were they not? I see that as a definite connection.

Let's not pretend that the RCMP & FBI just teamed up to thrwart a pair of radical Girl Scouts upset for being pushed to peddle cookies. :doh:

I do not care if any of the people involved were card-carrying members of a specific radical group, or not. The fact is, at the end of the day, they crawl under the same blanket.

My opinion.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It may be connected or it may be that it's just a facet of the fact that we constantly have agencies in all the world power players' nations constantly looking for and identifying threats like this.

This was barely in the planning stages, it appears, so maybe if this hadn't been busted so soon after Boston it wouldn't have even made national headlines.

Boston was recent, but there are /always/ people trying to commit the next Boston. That's life, now. Keep calm and carry on. :)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You are most certainly correct, Sir. Glad they nailed these two creeps in Canada before they did any damage....Good job.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have never heard Bill Maher make this much sense. Could it be that he is starting to slowly and I mean oh so very slowly, overcome his liberal sickness? . . . . . . . . . . NAH! He's still a douche!

But he's at least correct here. Why did that guy dodge the simple question? Which religion advocates violence and kiling people today in the here and now in 2013?

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have never heard Bill Maher make this much sense. Could it be that he is starting to slowly and I mean oh so very slowly, overcome his liberal sickness? . . . . . . . . . . NAH! He's still a douche!

But he's at least correct here. Why did that guy dodge the simple question? Which religion advocates violence and kiling people today in the here and now in 2013?

I find myself agreeing with him more and more lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom