The $100,000 Titanium AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    OK, the price is actually only $95,904

ti_one_titanium_ar_308_nemo-tfb.jpeg

http://nemoarms.com/portfolio/tione-serial-no-1titanium-308-battle-rifle/

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    They could've made the metal parts thinner to save some weight, now they made a less destructable rifle that actually weighs more.

Still would like to have someone give me one.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    "We made an ar nearly no one can afford to show our manufacturing capabilities"

I'm all for innovation, but it might as well be solid gold. If its too impractical what's the point?

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I'm guessing the tooling required to manufature such a marvel must be space age. I'm sure thats what there going for... But really this gun is probably why S&P500 droped 7 points.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Honestly "space aged" may be more right than wrong lol. With the right lube, it's possible that gun will actually fire in space. The caliber is all wrong for space combat (something more like a .17hmr would be better) but a 99% titanium rifle would Probably not freeze up in space. How cool is that?!

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    This is probably a result of NEMO buying out S.I. Defense. NEMO has the government contracts and the crazy ideas, but S.I. has the space age manufacturing tech. As far as I know S.I. is one of the only companies in the US with the capability to put something like this together. I feel like NEMO must have designed this though. Based on what I have read about S.I., if they had designed it, it would have been made lighter, rather than stronger, than a standard AR, but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I might be crazy.. Ok I'm not right in the head anyway. :) But I couldn't care less about a Titanium rifle. But if they made a functioning rifle with everything but the and wearing and bearing pieces made from Duct tape? Now that'd be freakin' cool.

Dave

Last edited:

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    I love it! a 100k gun, and they stick MAGPUL plastic in it........ You think they might have thought about making a mag, grip and stock as well?????

O ya, you spend 100k and you buy a 1k scope! Really! All real shooters know the gun is worthless if you didn't spend at least equal value on the scope........

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    oh, I don't know. I wouldn't want an all Ti gun but a Ti gas block would be great. Personally I'd rather see more CF in AR's. 8 lbs in a titanium rifle is crazy.

If they want to really impress me build a 3lb AR.

Enraged Gecko

Rating - 81.8%
    9   2   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Walker, La
    Titanium exhibits the same high strength as steel while being approximately 45% lighter. While this strength-to-weight ratio is seriously impressive, titanium is still significantly heavier than aluminum (which, if memory serves, is approximately 60% lighter than steel)

Titanum is expensive due to it's rarity, difficulty to machine and weld, as well as the demand for refined titanium in various industrial and medical applications.

Top Bottom