The Ruger Mark IV

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    My TX22 Competition is a tack driver and outshoots me for sure. It's right up there with my S&W Victory. I haven't brought my MKII to the range in forever, probably because the other two are suppressor ready though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Good to know

Old Grey

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    PA
    I`ve got a MK4 TARGET stainless, and a S&W Victory. I love my MK4, but i usually shoot the S&W Victory alot more because it fits my hand more comfortable.

shotgunjim

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 20, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    Bought a 22/45 and thought I would put a red dot on it until I shot it and wow hits where you are looking. Don't need red dot. Shoots thunderbolts, cci ,and aguiia with zero problems.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don’t think the Ruger standard has been improved on as far as raw performance. Sure, the MKIV is nice in the fact that people no longer whine about reassembly but from a performance and durability perspective I don’t find them to be any better. I bought a MK II target with the long tapered heavy barrel from Sports Unlimited in the early 90’s that is still my favorite. It came with a very sweet low pull weight target trigger and adjustable rear sight. The last time I brought it out to shoot, I and 2 buds were all comfortably shooting clays at 80 to 100 yards, one after the other. Both the 22/45 pistols and another standard I bought over the past few years have all required some Volquartsen parts to approach the feel of that MKII that cost me $249 before tax. Accuracy is another factor. While I do believe the Lite 22/45 is an amazing achievement and more accurate than I could imagine, considering the barrel, it has its limits. For the cost, I think the Ruger Standard is a better value than the Browning Buckmark and no longer produced and overpriced High Standard. Only problem I have with them is my inability to pass one up.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I don’t think the Ruger standard has been improved on as far as raw performance. Sure, the MKIV is nice in the fact that people no longer whine about reassembly but from a performance and durability perspective I don’t find them to be any better. I bought a MK II target with the long tapered heavy barrel from Sports Unlimited in the early 90’s that is still my favorite. It came with a very sweet low pull weight target trigger and adjustable rear sight. The last time I brought it out to shoot, I and 2 buds were all comfortably shooting clays at 80 to 100 yards, one after the other. Both the 22/45 pistols and another standard I bought over the past few years have all required some Volquartsen parts to approach the feel of that MKII that cost me $249 before tax. Accuracy is another factor. While I do believe the Lite 22/45 is an amazing achievement and more accurate than I could imagine, considering the barrel, it has its limits. For the cost, I think the Ruger Standard is a better value than the Browning Buckmark and no longer produced and overpriced High Standard. Only problem I have with them is my inability to pass one up.
    The Ruger MK 1 bull barrel my dad bought for me when I was 15 with my grass cutting biz money is nice. And shot eveything from Mini Mags, to fine standard velocity Target ammo and everything between. But is not my SS Hunter.
    Yes it will do the job and did so with K-Mart Sunday Sales Paper loss leader 22lr.
    But the new Hunters are nicer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The Ruger MK 1 bull barrel my dad bought for me when I was 15 with my grass cutting biz money is nice. And shot eveything from Mini Mags, to fine standard velocity Target ammo and everything between. But is not my SS Hunter.
    Yes it will do the job and did so with K-Mart Sunday Sales Paper loss leader 22lr.
    But the new Hunters are nicer.
    I hear ya. I think it’s all relative to the model. I shot a really nice slab side with family Easter past. Beautiful pistol. Trigger and feel was real nice. I couldn’t tell a difference from the MKII target or the MKII Government except it looked a lot nicer.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I likely have the same MK II as MagDump. 10" heavy taper. My near vision suxs so I like to install fiber optic sights. I could not find a set for it. Dawson Precision offers them in varying heights for the Ruger MK series. Mix and match a set and they work.
    I chuckle when I take it to the range. I don't shoot it often and will fire the first few rounds a little earlier than planned. The trigger always puts a smile on my face. The only negative is 10 rounds disappear too quickly.

Attachments

• 2020100820480181--5669213038032040538-IMG_8614_heic.jpg
      2020100820480181--5669213038032040538-IMG_8614_heic.jpg
      785.4 KB · Views: 53

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom