This whole Zombie nonsense

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I am getting tired of seeing all of this Zombie stuff all over the place. Ruger and a couple of other manufacturers are making Zombie themed guns, ammo cans, bullets, etc. It was cool to see at first but now its just going overboard. I was at Academy the other day and the sales guy was like look at all this zombie stuff we have. I didn't care. I don't want a themed anything with my guns.

Even the media is starting to capitalize on these incidents. People are just taking stupid synthetic drugs. They arent "zombies". I have seen too many people come into the ICU in comas or completely insane because they decided to take synthetic marijuana or these "bath salts". Why not just smoke regular marijuana? People go crazy from taking stuff like this all the time and it was never newsworthy till now.

Here is a prime example of the stupidity I am talking about. The Ruger "Zombie Slayer"

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-lcp-zombie-slayer-380-acp-3721.aspx

(End Rant)

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    It is what it is. To most people with sense the *zombie* is just a term for anything that could be anything. The be all bad guy without another name. Prepared for anything if prepared for zombies ect.. Can't blame companies for trying to capitolize on what is hot right now.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Would you consider it non-sense if you were a manufacturer capitalizing off of the "zombie craze"?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Don't worry so much. Smile.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338659489.111783.jpg

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I have also heard too many people this week saying in seriousness that the zombies are starting and we need to be prepared from all the news on the recent happenings from these drugs. These drugs have been doing this to people for years.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Can't wait for the new season of the Walking Dead!

Like others have said, it's the latest craze, and people will capitalize on it any way they can, even the media.
    What's funny is how long it took this one to kick off. I mean, over the past 50+ years, how many zombie movies have been made? And now, suddenly, people thinks it's reality, or at least act like they do. Gotta admit though, those spikes lowers and that magpul furniture does look cool..

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Can't wait for the new season of the Walking Dead!

Like others have said, it's the latest craze, and people will capitalize on it any way they can, even the media.
    What's funny is how long it took this one to kick off. I mean, over the past 50+ years, how many zombie movies have been made? And now, suddenly, people thinks it's reality, or at least act like they do. Gotta admit though, those spikes lowers and that magpul furniture does look cool..
    We're at a age where the idea of technology being capable of doing such a thing is not as far fetched as it once was. Still far fetched in my opinion but I'd be lieing to say I KNOW it could never happen.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    I think it's a pretty good idea to be prepared for zombies. After all, if you're prepared for them you're prepared for quite a lot of other bad things, and you're well versed enough in choosing good shots to dispatch non-zombie combatants.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I think it's a pretty good idea to be prepared for zombies. After all, if you're prepared for them you're prepared for quite a lot of other bad things, and you're well versed enough in choosing good shots to dispatch non-zombie combatants.
    I'll buy that! It's not a bad idea to refer to any unknown threat by a common name, so from now on, "zombie" will be that for me.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    We're at a age where the idea of technology being capable of doing such a thing is not as far fetched as it once was. Still far fetched in my opinion but I'd be lieing to say I KNOW it could never happen.
    word. Like all the people that still believe in Obama. There are your Zombies.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, even though Dawn Of The Dead 1976 is and will always be my favorite movie. I kinda chalked up the whole zombie thing to it being a metaphor for something else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom