Tired of Politics as usual?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Yeah, that would count me out.

That's retarded.

Let's exclude successful people. They are obviously bad at running things.

[Disclaimer- this is disregarding for a moment that there is a difference between political entrepreneurs and market entrepreneurs. If we want to make a distinction or exclusion, there is something to that aspect, but I doubt most people understand the distinction.]

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I think as a whole those people mentioned don't represent -average- Americans at all, much less in any beneficial capacity.

There are some exceptions, of course.

If you take some time to read the website or discussion you'll see that it is simply an opinion and the creator of the program himself says that his opinion doesn't matter, it is about the peoples choosing who represents them in a democratic manner.

BUT, it is important to remember that the political Elite usually don't represent us even though they say they do...and even if they try. And wealthy people usually don't understand what it's like to -be- poor, even if they were once poor. (Oprah, Edwards...etc)

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I don't personally know a single millionaire that shares their wealth with friends or family even, much less one that understands what it's like to try to make a living on $23k a year like I do. I'm an average person...below average income maybe, but I want to be represented too and the millionaires I know...with 8 plasma TVs in their houses and 40ft fishing boats, million$ houses...they definitely don't represent me or anything I stand for, unfortunately. And they are family.

I don't think it's a red herring at all, but our opinions are meaningless on this just like Tim Cox's opinion is meaningless. Each District will select who they want to represent them no matter their wealth, political status, or if they are a practicing lawyer or not.

I think GOOOH is a fantastic idea and be damned if I've seen a better one, or a less biased. Please enlighten me on a better movement for the people to be represented by the government.

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Being poor is not a virtue.

The Libertarian party is about as good as it gets, but no one wants it, because it advocates personal responsibility, and everyone is on the dole.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I think you fail to see what GOOOH is about, and you're personally insulted by the owner not seeing a point in wealthy people running on a GOOOH platform. That's your issues, not mine.

If you're wealthy you can run as whatever you want, you've got the money.

If you're poor, or average...you cant run as anything because no party will carry you.

GOOOH is about getting every day average Americans heard in their communities.

Don't like it, don't participate.

You're right, being Poor is not a Virtue, and being Monetarily Wealthy is not one either. I pity whatever soul feels that it is.

If you're beyond the wealth that Mr. Cox would like to have for people wanting to take part then at least I know you're probably an exception in that you do LA Carry & you foster kids...but you would be one of the VERY FEW exceptions to that rule. I'm sorry, but most rich people are selfish pricks.

And like I said two or 3 times before...that's just his opinion, if GOOOH people in your district want you to represent them...then you represent them, they aren't going to now allow you b/c you're wealthy.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The wealthy don't typically unload their money or assets on others. That's one reason why they're wealthy.

On the other hand, the wealthy tend to employ most people, tend to be the largest contributers to charities, and their wealth is what provides the capital upon which most of the business and economic infrastructure is built, which everyone benefits from. And that's all on top of the fact that the wealthy pay virtually all of the taxes while consuming a disproportionately small amount of government services and resources.

Some folks do become rich by being assholes throughout their careers and lives; however, the truly successful members of the business community achieve their success through treating people well and by building good reputations.

To leave the wealthy out of our system is to leave out the most productive members of society. Without the wealthy, we'd be living in a sub-"third world" environment.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    You're right, but it has nothing at all to do with GOOOH in any way.

Also, I've worked for many places who employ a lot of people...and wealthy business-people who supply those jobs aren't usually looking for ways to make their people wealthy too...they are looking for cheap labor and expenses.

Our nation has been run by Rich Employers for 100 years now and failing to see that they are not FOR THE PEOPLE is why our nation has gone in the direction it has..and it's why we're losing our rights.

If you're Rich then you don't need GOOOH to get a community to select you and to get you on the ballot in your area, you can drop the money into the system yourself.

Obviously Rich people can still run for office in whatever party or non party they want.

I simply posted a link and some info on a Grassroots website/organization that has set out to get Average People a voice and chance to make a difference for our country.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    CL,

sorry I seemed so adverse to the idea.

I just have a pet peeve, as an Austrian economics enthusiast, with the "rich people are bad, mmmkay?" bit that I run into so often, and the last pit of the OP struck that cord.

Grassroots is good, and if they are trying to accomplish good, I wish them the best. Thanks for posting.

:D

America's abundance was not created by public sacrifices to the common good, but by the productive genius of free men who pursued their own personal interests and the making of their own private fortunes. – Ayn Rand

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I definitely like the concept. I get sick of Oprah and Bill Gates telling us how to live our lives. But people like that only represent a small portion of the wealthy folks in America. I just think they're doing themselves a disservice by eliminating those that they choose to eliminate.

I suppose that's why it's the most controversial part :D

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Yeah, and I don't totally agree with the idea. I just don't see why a Rich person would choose this method to run for office, it would be pretty stupid unless they were trying to undermine the effort when they can simply pay for it themselves and have to put forth no effort.

GOOOH = $100 to join. With that $100 every person who joins and desires has the opportunity to run for office in their district, they are split into groups of 10, those 10 people choose 1 out of their group who best represents their ideas and who would make the best candidate...those 1's are grouped into 10, and they choose 1 person out of those groups who best represents their ideas and who would make the best president...so on, so forth, until 1 person remains.

GOOOH will supply the funding for that person to be placed on the Ballot in their district, and will fund advertising & such.

This way there is 1 person who truly represents the people of that District & community(who took part in the grass roots effort.)

This is a -great- opportunity for Ron Paul-like people to get into office or on Ballots around the nation.

This is -the- opportunity for 2nd Amendment loving people to have their say and to stop laws from passing through congress...because frankly, after this election we're at the mercy of globalists.

dtknowles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Anything that will get good people to run for elected office is a great thing. If you aren't an egomaniac why would you put yourself through the ringer. For the money, what money, oh I forgot, kickbacks and bribes. To change the world, good luck. For the power trip, there you go.

Sort of like, why would anyone want to be a cop.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom