Too much boom @ indoor ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    I took my S&W .460 Mag to an indoor range once. When I fired it everyone in the range looked over to see "What the Hell was that?". I decided then that it was an outdoor gun.

I have an AR with a muzzle brake. I do not shoot it at a range if some one is next to me because it will slap them when fired. I consider it an outdoor gun also.

7.62mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Was shooting at Range USA last weekend and shotguns and rifles and noise was very very loud. Is there any indoor or outdoor ranges in Baton Rouge area that segregates pistols and long guns. Thanks
    It's rather far from BR, but LA Range Gun Club in Maurice has a full cinder-block wall separating the pistol and rifle ranges. Firing on the rifle range is hardly noticeable from the pistol range.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I have always worn double hearing protection while shooting at indoor ranges. I use silicone ear plugs then ear muffs. I was shooting my AR-10 at the Precision Firearms range and that sucker was sure loud, even with double hearing protection.

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    I have a pedestal fan than runs every night . Summer or winter . Gotta have that noise .
    I Worked with a Sub Captain who said silence woke him up. Silence on a submarine was deep doo doo.

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    its a smidge out of the way, but iberville parish gun range is an excellent outdoor facility that has long guns on one range and pistols on another. friendly staff and well maintained.
    Ditto. Very Well managed range. And the outdoor venue reduced noise make shooting much more pleasurable.

And Vets shoot free!!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've found white noise apps to be helpful in drowning out the constant ringing, at least at night while you're trying to sleep. Check out Relax Melodies app. My only option during the day was hearing aids that neutralize the ringing, but I declined those until I really need them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I have a sound machine the VA gave me to use at night to sleep. I've used a window AC or noise machine since 1973. I have Tinnitus and Bilateral Hearing Loss. I have VA hearing aids too.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom