trying to pick out my 1st suppressor any suggestions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    Is this going to be your first of a few or more than likely your only one for awhile? If the latter I’d get a 45 suppressor to have multi caliber use.

Kenny @meplatgroup is suppose to be highly knowledgeable and has a variety, as well as will do a trust for you if you want to go that route. A one stop shop

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    For pistols or a sub gun/pcc? It would be helpful to know what guns you would like to suppress

For pistols I would recommend a Rugged Obsidian 9 or Dead Air Wolfman

For sub guns or pcc a YHM R9 would be good

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    You can try an omega 36m. U can use it on rifles and pistols. I have one in jail right now. Suppressing rifles is much more beneficial than suppressing pistols.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I use a SiCo Octane45. I use it on both 45acp and 9mm pistols and also on my AR9 with no issues. Mostly lives on the AR9 right now but I have the setup to do both.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have a couple silencerco hybrid .46….
    I use them on anything

.45acp-9mm
    45/70-5.56

Bassicaly any caliber in rifle or pistol or pcc…. Best advice is look for one with best warranty, cause it’s a forever purchase, and find one that has the best db performance for what u gonna use it the most for, and if you want to sacrifice a little more weight and length to gain more caliber options for future…. Do your homework lol

There’s also the whole new rabbit hole

“High flow cans”

I ain’t even going down that one lol

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    The osprey 45 gives you a better chance of using your current pistol sights and not having to purchase/install taller ones.
    Specs on the website show 9mm through the 45 can 1db quieter than the dedicated 9mm can.
    The osprey can also be used on 300 blk if you have one.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    My first pistol suppressor was the obsidian 45. I have no regrets. I appreciate that it’s modular, I do like to run the shorter variant for 9mm. Plenty of mount options as well. Can also be used on array of other calibers. Just check out the caliber ratings on rugged’s site.

I also have the octane 9 and it’s performed very well. It is also capable of being used on .300 blk subsonic rounds.

If you want to go the multi cal route I’d look at the hybrid .46 and possibly the 36m from omega. I have fondled the 36m and my friend has the .46. It is a nice can and performs well. The 36m is gonna restrict you to anything 9mm and below diameter wise. The hybrid .46 is a nice suppressor that covers a lot of use; although they are both heavier than a traditional pistol suppressor.

Research is your friend to ultimately decide. Look at mount options, muzzle device cost and customer service reputation.

Good luck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SleepingGreyCat
    Top Bottom