Trying to shoot long range near Lafayette? Any ideas?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bullets&bows

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Lafayette LA
    So I just decided to get back into long range shooting (and let me clarify by saying 600/1000 yards for my caliber) after many years. I used to have a home built AR10 in .308 that I used to use at my friend's and family's properties to ping steel and blow up the odd watermelon or milk jug out to about 1300 yards. I currently have 2 training rifles I set up in 22lr and .223 both of which are pretty spot on and cheaper to shoot until I decide to upgrade. Just curious if there are any ranges or even local individuals that have some property that have the distance that I need and wouldn't mind accommodating me and having some fun shooting at longer ranges with smaller calibers.

Any replies or information is hugely appreciated. Thanks everyone

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well I’m glad everyone responded to this….. Geez tuff crowd…. Have you seen the range up near Shreveport? They have a 1,000 yard range. I want to go try them. I’m in Lake Charles and we have a 600 yard range but it’s just not fun to go shoot there. No metal targets. Everything is paper….

Beatbama

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Lake Charles
    Well I’m glad everyone responded to this….. Geez tuff crowd…. Have you seen the range up near Shreveport? They have a 1,000 yard range. I want to go try them. I’m in Lake Charles and we have a 600 yard range but it’s just not fun to go shoot there. No metal targets. Everything is paper….
    White Feather Range located in Vernon Parish goes out to 700 yards with hanging steel plates. I've been there several times... nice covered benches on a concrete slab to shoot from.

2924 VFW Road
    Leesville, LA 71446

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom