TWIC Cards

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewebb10

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Has anyone had the misfortune of applying for a TWIC card in Baton Rouge recently? I tried a couple of times to just walk in and there were so many people I couldn’t get in the door. Does anyone know if they actually honor appointments or is it a first come first serve deal? Also has anyone tried going to one of the other locations and are they any better?
    Thanks

shooter7

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    southeast LA
    The best thing to do is go to the place in Baton Rouge and get there early and just wait it out. It doesnt get any better. When I go back to work, Ill see if i still got the numbers to the place and you can call and check on appointments.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Talked with a guy that need to get his the other dy. said his plan was to be there 2 hours before opening and sit by te door in a folding chair, only way he could be assured to get in that day.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    If this is your first time getting one then go to Laplace, I herd it's not as crowded and alot quicker. If you just need to re-new yours you can call on the phone and pay $60 for three years, but your only allowed to do this once and then you have to go in and go through the process again for another 5 year twic. Even over the phone for the renewal it takes 30-45 minute wait on hold, and they only accept visa or MasterCard.

lucky_reaper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    prairieville
    Go to Laplace and get it much faster with no appointment. if you do make an appointment they will honor it. The last time I look they are 5 weeks out on appointments in Baton Rouge .

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    I had no problems with making an online appointment, when I walked in the place they were taking walk-ins after the people that made appointments. Got my TWIC card a week later.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Made my appointment online and went to the St. Rose office at the port of New Orleans. Walked in and was seen within 20 minutes and out the door 15 minutes later.

Now picking up the damn card was a different story altogether. Tried to make an appointment at my local in Lake Charles but they wanted me to wait almost a month before being able to pick it up. Decided to do a walk-in and was blown away at the people there waiting. Asked the lady how long and she said a few hours at least and that was at 1pm. Went back on a Tuesday morning which is supposed to be a slower day. Got there at 7am and was number 7 in line. They start working at 9am and I was done and gone by 11:30. That seems like a long time but you have to remember that people with appointments are served according to their time and walk-ins are after.

All and all it wasn't the worst experience but a very close second to getting shot in the hand!!!!:dunno:

I have not been to the office in LaPlace but if it is not that bad go there. The St. Rose office was not that bad at all. There were only about 10 people there when I get there for my appointment at 3pm. I do know that Monday's and Friday's are there busiest days though.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Make an appointment if yours isn't expiring in the next few weeks. They honor the appointments.

Last edited:

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    When I first got my twic I went to laplace at 400. (They close at 5)

I was out by 445.

Remeber they are gov't employee's.

They show up, go to lunch, and bust their ass to leave on time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Just renewed my TWIC for 3 years. Spent 2 hours and 15 minutes on the phone getting the renewal process rolling. Less than two weeks later my card was ready and went to pick it up at the Baton Rouge office. Tried to do an appointment but they were booked 8 weeks ahead so I went in cold. It was a Tuesday at about 1030. Place was packed but I was able to get out of there by 1200.

One of my crew did his renewal though the Houma office. Went in cold also but was seen in 30 minutes.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Just renewed my TWIC for 3 years. Spent 2 hours and 15 minutes on the phone getting the renewal process rolling. Less than two weeks later my card was ready and went to pick it up at the Baton Rouge office. Tried to do an appointment but they were booked 8 weeks ahead so I went in cold. It was a Tuesday at about 1030. Place was packed but I was able to get out of there by 1200.

One of my crew did his renewal though the Houma office. Went in cold also but was seen in 30 minutes.

Has it been 5 years since this started already?

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    its going to be difficult for now. we recieved emails yesterday stating that the company handling the twic is changing to a new company. so the transition is going to take a little time

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Baton Rouge no longer takes appointments.
    With an appointment it took me 3.5 hrs

Go to any other office and your going to be happy.

Interesting, they honored my appointment as recently as two weeks ago. I did notice they are booked solid (or aren't showing openings, at least) through the entire schedule listed online.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    New guy at work went to the office in Industriplex . Took 3 hours . I did my renewal over the phone and made an appointment to pick it up . 15 minutes in and out .

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Go to Mandeville. They honor appointments. And I just did a walk in, to pick my card up 8 days later. There was no one else there but me, both visits.

Top Bottom