Unbelievable

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Was reading the Times Pic this morning about the 31-year-old guy in NO who was shot by the police. They claimed he pointed a .45 at the police. Anyway, the deceased had been shot SIX times previously in his life, and had undergone 40 surgeries. The seventh shooting was his last. Talk about a high-risk lifestyle, shot 7 different times by age 31????? Slow learner....

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    For those unaware, the article can be found here: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/02/nopd_officer_saw_hollygrove_ma.html#incart_m-rpt-2

From a related article:
    Atkinson, who had had run-ins with the law for drug offenses, had spent the past two-and-a-half years in and out of the hospital with wounds after being shot six times, said his father, Keith Joseph. Since then, Atkinson walked with a limp.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/02/family_of_man_slain_by_nopd_of.html

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Some of those in the neighborhood questioned the autopsy results and said they heard Hirdes — a nine-year New Orleans Police Department veteran — fire anywhere from 10 to 15 shots, with some witnesses claiming he stood over Atkinson, 31, and fired nonstop until he emptied his clip.

Really?

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I work with a guy who was shot on 3 different occasions. Once with a .357, once with a .380, and can't rem the other. When I first met him, he told me, "stick with me, you'll either end up behind bars or with diamonds on your wrist".

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    And NO oleheat, he's not related to me. :D

:D:D:D

Rappers Lil Wayne, Mack Maine were friends with man killed by NOPD officer in Hollygrove

New Orleans superstar rappers Lil Wayne and Mack Maine spent time over the weekend with the man who was shot and killed by a New Orleans police officer responding to a corner-store shoplifting, according to tweets by both rappers, who said they were with their friend just hours before the shooting.

Unbelief!

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I personally think that the deceased was just at the wrong place and wrong time. I doubt he was going to shoot at the cops. At the same time...The victim probably had someone gunning for him.

And...He was a felon with a .45 and fit the identity of the shoplifter.

Baggy pants probably caused him to slip..and .gun slipping down pants....and in a split second...bang...Its over. I don't think there was any malcontent. Too bad the NOPD didn't get all body cameras working. That would probably put this to rest.

Anyway..This will get picked to pieces by the Feds and Internal Affairs and Police Monitor.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Yeah he was probably just illegally carrying a weapon because he was in a bad area and didn't want to get confronted by ruffians. Hey aren't you a convicted felon yourself? With a very suspect story and an axe to grind with NOPD?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'm just commenting on the basic fact of life for anyone living in Gert Town. It's a rough neighborhood. Its obvious someone was gunning for this guy. He was shot a few months back.
    So yes...I'm serious. I would think his main reason for packing a .45 was because someone was gunning for him.

I'm also guessing he had that attitude I have heard many times....better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.....So that probably explains why he was breaking the law. Did he go for the gun...Maybe. Who knows ? Maybe not.

In any case....it is what it is. He knew the risks. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time....AND a felon with a gun who got shot by police. It will be judged a good shooting. Its neither here nor there. Like I said...It is what it is.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm just commenting on the basic fact of life for anyone living in Gert Town. It's a rough neighborhood. Its obvious someone was gunning for this guy. He was shot a few months back.
    So yes...I'm serious. I would think his main reason for packing a .45 was because someone was gunning for him.

I'm also guessing he had that attitude I have heard many times....better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.....So that probably explains why he was breaking the law. Did he go for the gun...Maybe. Who knows ? Maybe not.

In any case....it is what it is. He knew the risks. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time....AND a felon with a gun who got shot by police. It will be judged a good shooting. Its neither here nor there. Like I said...It is what it is.

Do you have a source for that?

swingey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    prairieville,la.
    A SAD situation,as a retired LEO with 34 years of experience,I met cops from all over the country.I can honestly say I never met one who actually wanted to shoot anyone,but in a split second you have to make a life or death decision.Feel sorry for friends and family of guy who was killed,but also feel for the NOPD guy,he will never be the same man again after this ordeal...

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Do you have a source for that?
    Yea...its in the article Jack.
    "Atkinson, who had had run-ins with the law for drug offenses, had spent the past two-and-a-half years in and out of the hospital with wounds after being shot six times, said his father, "

If someone shot him 6 times...I'm sure they wanted him dead. And those kinds of street feuds don't go away. So i stand by my opinion...I think he was packing because someone was gunning for him.

Top Bottom